384 Acushnet Avenue
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE! Do not submit resumes through Indeed or other External Sources as it does not capture the full application.
About City on a Hill (CoaH):
City on a Hill graduates college-ready students that are responsible, resourceful and respectful democratic citizens, who are prepared to compete in 21st century community, culture and commerce. We do so by emphasizing academic achievement, citizenship, teacher leadership, and public accountability.
City on a Hill began with a single high school in Boston, opening its doors in 1995. Currently we have three locations: Circuit Street (Roxbury, MA) Dudley Square (Roxbury, MA) and New Bedford. We invite you to join our nationally recognized team of innovative and collegial educators who are fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
Please note that this position is based out of our New Bedford location in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
The Employee’s primary responsibilities include:
Supports the special education students in their learning, the Special Education Supervisor in the work of the department, and general education teachers in their implementation of effective curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Implement the City on a Hill Special Education inclusion model
- Collaborate with general education and special education teachers for inclusion
- Proctor MCAS and SAT separate setting testing environments
- Provide after school academic support for students with disabilities
- Attend all grade level and IEP meetings of students in sections
- Participate in assigned professional development group and City on a Hill’s Peer Observation Program.
- Record daily attendance and behavioral information in online Student Information System
- Attend quarterly parent/advisor nights, graduation, and other required school events
- All duties associated with being a member of the Learning Network.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Special Education Supervisor, Vice Principal, or Principal
- Bachelor's Degree in progress
- Ability to assist classroom teachers in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Experience preferred, particularly in an urban setting
- Experience assisting students with emotional impairments and/or special needs
- CBS Safety Care Certification
The City on a Hill Instructional Philosophy and Background:
City on a Hill is a Network of teacher-centered charter public high schools in Boston and New Bedford dedicated to improving urban education and getting all of its graduates into and through college. As one of the original fourteen charter public schools in the Commonwealth, City on a Hill schools have college-prep standards within a rigorous curriculum.
City on a Hill Charter Public Schools are high schools determined to teach each and every one of its students the academic skills he or she will need to succeed in college and beyond. Our school leaders, faculty, and students are committed and ready to dedicate the time, energy, and hard work to achieve the school’s mission. The school’s mission is predicated on the belief that not only can all students learn, but all students must learn in order to embrace their rights and responsibilities as American citizens and acquire the academic and cultural capital to improve their community.
It is the policy of City on a Hill Charter Public Schools to obtain all available Federal and State background information through both SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) and CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), as allowed by law, of all employees and prospective employees of the school.
City on a Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, City on a Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required