Details: Salary based on experience
4000 Woodland Avenue
The Philadelphia Orchard Project (POP) is a nonprofit based in Philadelphia that works with a diverse array of partner organizations to design, plant, educate, and assist in the maintenance of community orchards throughout the city. Since 2007, POP has partnered with 61 orchard sites and continues to add new orchards, new educational opportunities, and new harvest events each season.
The Development Director will work with POP’s Executive Director and Board of Directors to: (1) oversee and grow a portfolio of development/fundraising functions and (2) perform high-level administrative and executive support related tasks and special projects as required. This is a great opportunity to support an organization focused on building a more beautiful and bountiful Philadelphia for all.
POP Development Director Job Summary:
The Development Director will report directly to the Executive Director and may also work with the Orchard Director, Education Director, and other staff and board members on specific efforts.
The Development Director will lead the following Philadelphia Orchard Project activities in collaboration with the Executive Director:
- Maintain an internal organizational calendar to track target dates for grant proposals
- Write grant applications and reports
- Research new grant funding opportunities
- Create annual fundraising plan and help ensure the organization is meeting fundraising goals throughout the year
- Assist in donor research and relations focused on increasing major giving
- Lead annual appeal campaign and end of fiscal year campaign
- Manage and expand corporate sponsorship's
- Assist with the planning and coordination of cultivation and fundraising events targeting individual giving
- Manage the donor database including maintenance, generating reports, and donor correspondence and mailings
- Process donations and send timely acknowledgement letters
- Use database reports to make recommendations on donors to contact
- Participate in Fundraising & Events Committee meetings and activities
- Engage POP Board of Directors with fundraising activities
Communications & Marketing
- Contribute to writing and collection of content for bi-annual e-newsletter
- Coordinate with staff and interns on social media, blog postings, e-blasts to promote POP’s work
- Manage Google AdWords account
- Help oversee a Communications & Marketing intern
- Collaborate with Graphic Design Committee to create promotional materials
3 or more years experience in nonprofit fundraising, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills, experience using donor database and social media platforms. The successful applicant will be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-directed, able to work independently and with a team.
Familiarity with Philadelphia neighborhoods and diverse communities, Bachelor’s degree, strong interest in food justice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to POP Executive Director Phil Forsyth at email@example.com. To be given full consideration, applications for this position are due by Sunday, October 28. The starting date for the position will be December 2018.