Details: This is an exempt salaried position with an annual, prorated salary of $37,500.
970 Grace Avenue
Title: Development and finance associate
Reports To: Development Director
30 hours per week. Additional hours may be required
Destiny Arts Center inspires and ignites social change through the arts by providing young people with inclusive spaces for self-discovery, expression, and connection. In our North Oakland studios, at school and community partner sites, and on stages throughout the Bay Area, Destiny Arts Center serves over 3,000 students ages 3 to 24 each year. Young people are taught mastery of movement arts, conflict resolution, and how to be advocates for peace with the ultimate goal of becoming confident and honorable citizens and leaders. Our process creates a tightly knit community of peers that cuts across geography, age and socio-economics, eliminating barriers and building bridges towards a beloved community. Rooted in the values of love, respect, care, responsibility, honor and peace since 1988, Destiny moves at the intersection of the arts, civic engagement, and social change.
The Development and Finance Associate is a key administrative position for the organization and will be responsible for systems management and innovation to support fundraising and financial management. Working closely with all members of the administrative team, the person in this position will ensure that all functions outlined below are performed efficiently and effectively to improve communication, reporting and services for our funders, partners and community. The ideal candidate is expected to support Destiny’s mission, values, vision, and core commitments to our community; and contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit of collegiality, cooperation, and openness to many perspectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects the essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Database Management and Gift Processing
- Perform accurate and timely gift processing, gift entry, records management, reporting and donor acknowledgements
- Implement tracking systems in donor database (Salesforce) records for applications, campaigns, and prospects
- Produce data extractions for mailing list, financial projections, event invitations and other development activities as needed
- Reconcile monthly with finance
- Produce accurate donor recognition lists as needed
- Prepare and process acknowledgement letters
- Act as the organization’s Salesforce systems administrator
- Assemble, submit/upload, and file post-award letters, contracts, and attachments, gathering content as needed
- Assemble budgets and financial documents for grant applications and reports, also gathering financial narratives as needed
- Maintain/Update grant report and contract deadlines
- Maintain/Update/Compile required attachments, registrations and systems for grant applications and reports, including but not limited to DataArts, SAM, Grants.gov
- Serve as main point of contact for any fiscal sponsorships, ensuring that grant requirements are adhered to and all paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare and/or process incoming and outgoing invoices in a timely manner
- Support monthly reconciliation with Quickbooks and Salesforce
- Assist with processing payroll as needed
- Create and submit Quickbook reports for grants
Email Communication Management
- Facilitate the content collection and execution of email newsletters and other mass communications
- Manage the email calendar
- Maintain list segmentation and mass email software
Other duties as needed to support Board meetings and cultivation, stewardship and solicitation activities
Qualities and experience
- A strong commitment to the mission of Destiny Arts Center.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and service-oriented
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and project management skills
- Able to take initiative, ownership and drive activities to completion
- Able to coordinate a number of activities with multiple components requiring independent follow through and attention to detail.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Understanding of basic fundraising and nonprofit finance principles
- Prior database experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, direct experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, direct experience preferred
- Intermediate level experience in Excel
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Noise, such as groups of people working in enclosed areas
- Typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- May occasionally have to work weekends or evenings for donor events
Destiny Arts Center is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and equity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ability/disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as paid sick leave and generous vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required