Based in Washington, DC, the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is the nation’s premier nonprofit that works with the private sector to improve the food supply and increase physical activity so that all children, especially those disproportionately affected, live healthier lives and grow up free from obesity and related chronic conditions.
PHA is looking for a seasoned leader to serve as its Vice President, Business Development. This position will collaborate closely with the CEO and PHA senior leadership team to develop, drive and implement a business model that engages the private sector in a national movement toward better food and more physical activity.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will:
- Pilot and propose innovative, mission-centered approaches to corporate engagement.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Vice President, Partnerships to create systems and processes related to new business development.
- Work with the CEO and COO to develop, refine, and track progress against the organizational business model.
- Help to align PHA’s assets with revenue goals, including its mark, communication channels, events, and partner stewardship activities.
- Lead growth in cause-marketing revenue, managing existing and securing new relationships.
- Identify, steward, and track new business opportunities in Salesforce.
Ideal candidates will be/possess:
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts and powerfully and persuasively illustrate the value of partnering with PHA.
- Adaptive and entrepreneurial. Experience in new business development, sales, or negotiation strongly preferred.
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative environments.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
- Passion for the PHA mission. Knowledge of nutrition, activity, and obesity prevention efforts a plus.
PHA offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required