Details: Commensurate with experience.
6260 Frankford Avenue
Civic Works is immediately hiring an organized, detail-oriented Project Assistant to support our Retrofit Baltimore and EnergyReady programs. The Project Assistant will maintain the digital and paper file systems for tracking hundreds of home energy efficiency and solar installation projects completed each year in coordination with our in-house social enterprise and multiple external partner contractors. The Project Assistant will communicate regularly with partner contractors, to collect weekly and monthly updates, share customer feedback, and monitor project deadlines and requirements. The Project Assistant will collect and process project documentation (i.e. project workscopes, contracts, modeling reports, invoices, etc.) and enter information and tasks into our customer relationship and project management databases. The Project Assistant will then compile information and data gleaned to measure environmental and economic impact. The Project Assistant will also schedule appointments and maintain the calendar for our in-house social enterprise.
The ideal candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to engage with the non-profit sector, private industry, workforce development, and government programs. It is also an excellent opportunity to combat climate change and bring about real economic benefits for those who need them the most.
Retrofit Baltimore, a program of the non-profit Civic Works, makes it easy and affordable for Baltimore area residents to make home energy efficiency upgrades and/or rooftop solar installations. The program uses grassroots, community organizing tactics to motivate homeowners to make home energy improvements, which reduce energy bills and improve the comfort and safety of the home.
Retrofit Baltimore then connects these homeowners with private businesses that have committed to implement equitable employment standards and hire Baltimore residents from historically marginalized communities -- residents who are trained through Civic Works’ comprehensive energy efficiency and solar installation training programs.
Civic Works’ social enterprise (EnergyReady) provides a model to other businesses, by also implementing home energy improvement projects, while providing on-the-job training opportunities. In this way, Retrofit Baltimore ensures that all home investments stay local and advance Civic Works' mission to grow the green economy and expand access to family-sustaining green careers to underserved Baltimore residents.
Civic Works’ green initiatives have been highlighted by Green for All, The Baltimore Sun, The Washington Post, the US Conference of Mayors, and the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission. Join us in creating a more just and equitable clean energy economy. For more information, please explore “Retrofit Baltimore”, “EnergyReady”, and “the Baltimore Center for Green Careers” on the Civic Works’ website: www.civicworks.com
- Maintain digital and paper files
- Enter energy audit, weatherization, and solar project data into the Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce.
- Schedule social enterprise weatherization projects, home energy audits, and cool roof estimates
- Regularly collect documentation from partner contractors and enter project data into the Customer Relationship Management system, Salesforce.
- Create and process invoices for partner contractors and social enterprise clients
- Create weekly status reports of open projects, overdue projects, etc.
- Report completed projects according to project protocols
- Compile project information and data for funder grant reports.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to structure and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and database management skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, and writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not a requirement.
- Exceptional personal responsibility for meeting goals and a track record of success.
- Ability to recognize problems, develop innovative solutions and implement them.
- Knowledge and prior experience in the home improvement, energy efficiency, or solar industries a plus, but not a requirement.
Certification courses, healthcare and retirement benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Evie Schwartz, Associate Director of Outreach and Production, at email@example.com and include "Project Assistant" in the subject line. Applicants will be hired on a rolling basis.
Civic Works is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are encouraged to apply. Civic Works also encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni to apply for this position. Civic Works works to ensure that the commitment to advancing equity is reflected in our workplace practices, program design, and outcomes evaluation.