40 Broad Street, 5th Floor
TITLE: Office Manager
DATE PREPARED: March 2018
FPWA is an anti-poverty, policy and advocacy organization whose mission is to promote the social and economic well-being of greater New York’s most vulnerable by advocating for just public policies and strengthening human service organizations. FPWA has a membership network of nearly 180 human service and faith based organizations that operate over 1,200 programs throughout the New York City metro area. Together we serve over 1.5 million low-income New Yorkers and strive to reduce poverty, advance upward mobility and create shared prosperity.
FPWA’s multifaceted programming creates transformative results for nonprofit staff and the places they serve. We advocate tirelessly on behalf of our membership network of 180 health and human service organizations through establishing poverty-reducing policies and programs that provide sustained results. Our capacity-building work enhances the impact of our member agencies to better provide services while simultaneously delivering immediate assistance to address their clients’ urgent needs.
The Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the organization at-large. Further, the Office Manager will provide supervision to the Facilities Team in managing the use, care and state of the office environment. They must be able to respond quickly and with good judgment. They must be able to interact in a professional and respectful manner with all those who engage with the organization and have a strong work ethic. The role is comprised of three key responsibilities: managing and coordinating staffing, care and use of FPWA’s meeting facilities, day-to-day office logistics, and serving as point of contact for callers and visitors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Office & Facility Management
• Receive all visitors to FPWA offices in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure that their queries are handled in appropriately and courteously
• Ensure that the office and reception area provides a professional and user-friendly first impression to all users of the space including ensuring that brochures/ materials are current and tidy, etc.
• Act as first point of contact for all calls to FPWA switchboard handle inquiries and taking messages as appropriate and / or transfer calls to the appropriate individuals
• Ensure that any mail and / or packages left at the reception desk are recorded and handled in according with agreed policies and procedures
• Alert appropriate administrative and supervisory personnel for support and assistance in the event of a security problem.
Conference & Meeting Facilities
• Provide timely information in response to all inquiries related to rental of conference space and FPWA programs
• Manage all scheduling for conference/ meeting room space including, processing all reservation requests from all internal and external clients, monitoring on-line scheduling, reminders, follow-up calls regarding Conference Center rentals, equipment, liaising with the Finance team to ensure timely raising and processing all associated invoices, and any other related tasks
• Coordinate all services required for meeting usage including equipment, catering, room layout, signage etc. Ensure on the day of scheduled events that rooms are appropriately arranged, requested equipment and services are available, the event has been posted and group appropriately greeted and that rooms are left in good condition etc.
• Prepare and maintain on a current basis the Conference Center weekly schedule/utilization register, monthly statistical and yearly reports
• Advertise and generate interest for Conference Center to yield more reservations
• Receive any funds as per policy, and transfer funds and billing information to the Finance Department
• Draft correspondence regarding Conference Center and related matters, when necessary
Technology and Office Services
• Coordinate technology services (e.g. IT, networking, AV, VOIP etc) in conjunction with any outsourced IT service providers as necessary to ensure consistent and reliable technology support.
• Ensure creation of Microsoft Office 365 accounts and any other network permissions for new hires and ensure that network folders are maintained in accordance with agreed protocols.
• Provide support for troubleshooting as needed – printers, copiers, PCs, servers, network permission changes, password changes, etc. liaising with external consultants, vendors etc as needed.
• Manage all other office equipment and systems e.g. phone, card access, copiers, postal machines etc, ensuring that maintenance and service contracts meet FPWA requirements.
• Ensure provision of timely and effective post, messenger and printing services liaising with external vendors as needed.
• Manage adequate inventory and distribution of office supplies, ensuring use of most cost-effective vendors and timely and efficient ordering to meet on-going needs
• Coordinate with FPWA staff and place orders for special projects as needed with FPWA Vendors (eg supplies, outside printing, etc.)
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE
• A minimum of three years experience working in a similar office environment
• Excellent MS Office skills. Experience with Salesforce an advantage. Experience working with technology-based (e.g.VOIP) phone systems an advantage
• Articulate with an extremely professional self-presentation and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Polite and tactful and able to maintain composure under pressure
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proactive and solution-orientated, able to use initiative and work independently
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• An excellent team player
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 403b retirement plan along with vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject Office Manager.
No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FPWA is committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of our member agencies and the communities and people they serve.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.