Responsibilities: Provide intensive advocacy services and support to domestic and sexual violence survivors and their children in an emergency-to-transitional residential housing program. This is an entry-level shift work position that includes some weekend hours. Duties include the following:
- Engage in DASH’s comprehensive intake process, which includes an introduction to the DASH model, assistance with the completion of adult and children intake forms and an in-depth review of the Cornerstone program agreement with each new resident.
- Conduct home-visitation sessions weekly, or more frequently as needed, with each family residing in our emergency-to-transitional housing program to ensure that they are receiving the appropriate level of support; participating in regular assessments with residents; engaging residents with the DASH model and re-centering process with survivors to celebrate accomplishments and identify areas for growth.
- Assist survivors with creating safety plans, goal plans, budgets and financial plans that reflect their self-identified needs, along with other short- and long-term plans as needed.
- Generate resources in the specialty area of housing, including: researching and connecting with available permanent supportive and affordable housing options; developing relationships with other housing programs or private landlords; acting as a liaison to other agencies; attending related meetings regarding housing issues for homeless populations; conducting outreach to housing/homeless programs to improve access for survivors;
- Develop and maintaining a working knowledge of and first-hand familiarity with social service programs in the Washington, DC area through active communication, site visits, and community-based work; building referral relationships with employment service programs and other social service programs; establishing partnerships with relevant organizations.
- Provide concrete and useful information, referrals and resources to residents.
- Advocate on behalf of survivors with city agencies, private landlords and other service providers.
- Perform on-call duties.
- Maintain paper and electronic files according to DASH’s standards; keeping clear and timely documentation at all times.
- Actively participating in staff meetings, training's and other meetings as needed.
- Participate in twice-monthly supervision with each member of DASH’s Model Practices Coordinator/Chemical Addictions Specialist; participating in weekly supervision with the Cornerstone Program Director.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email cover letter plus resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put title of position in subject line). No phone calls please. No fax please.