Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with U.S. and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 55 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The VISTA member will help build AMIGOS capacity to expand opportunities for young people from diverse backgrounds to engage in service and have life-changing opportunities. AMIGOS is a youth leadership organization with 55+ years of experience providing authentic service opportunities to young people in the U.S. and Latin America. As AMIGOS expands its reach in the U.S., this VISTA role will be integral to building strong relationships with donors, funders, and other supporters of the organization. Additionally, the VISTA will support the team in expanding the reach of programs via service opportunities in Texas. This role will include building relationships with partner agencies, youth-service organizations, and communities where AMIGOS volunteers will serve in Texas. The position will support the team to launch year-round programming in the state by developing service opportunities and designing opportunities for community engagement on critical topics, including; environmental conservation, food security, climate change, and others. The VISTA will also play a key role in data collection and story collection efforts. In this dynamic role, you will practice project management skills, learn about donor engagement, meet with partner organizations, learn about Texas, and help provide life-changing experiences for young people.
Location: Houston, Texas required. Current remote working position until further notice due to COVID-19.
Compensation: AmeriCorps VISTA Members receive a living allowance for their service. Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
Service Term: 1/19/2021 - 1/18/2022
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate donor cultivation, stewardship, and engagement activities;
· develop alumni engagement activities;
· implement donor surveys; collect donor testimonials;
· help improve donor stewardship; support event planning and outreach;
· coordinate virtual donor and alumni engagement events;
· support with grant research and proposal drafting;
· support team with expansion of service opportunities in Texas;
· research local partner organizations for service opportunities and develop relationships;
· support with program logistics;
Other duties as assigned.
· Reports to the Donor Relations Coordinator
· Regular collaboration with the Programs team
· Regular collaboration with other VISTAs, VISTA site supervisors and VISTA Project Director
AmeriCorps VISTA Requirements
· 18 years old
· U.S. Citizens, nationals, or legal residents
· Successfully complete a criminal background check
· Political advocacy, organizing, or demonstrating while on VISTA duty, or while perceived to be on duty, is prohibited
PERKS AND BENEFITS
· Choice of education award or stipend
· Education award upon successful completion of service
· Health coverage
· Living allowance
· Relocation allowance
* Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
View the Service Opportunity Listing and apply here.
For more information about AMIGOS, visit our website: www.amigosinternational.org
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design…