225 Varick Street, 7th floor
The Manager, Finance and Analysis is responsible for performing a broad range of fiscal, budgetary and analytical duties for Audubon’s field offices. S/he will be support the Director of Finance, Planning, & Analysis, is responsible for the organization, preparation, review and control of the Audubon’s annual operating budget, as well as the semi-annual forecasts. The Manager, Finance and Analysis is directly responsible for financial management of the Upper Mississippi Flyway/Audubon Great Lakes region. This role is a part of the flyway leadership team.
S/he is responsible for regular reporting for both internal and external stakeholders, variance analysis, and will interact with State leaders and office staff to facilitate financial planning and clarify/resolve financial issues. S/he will also supervise Flyway Finance Leads dedicated to supporting the field in their financial needs. The ideal candidate has a high degree of financial acumen, strong financial systems skills, communicates frequently and well, and is very well-organized. The position reports to the Director, Finance, Planning & Analysis.
The Manager, Finance and Analysis performs professional analysis work related to budgeting, forecasting, budget controls, revenue tracking, and accounting and information systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages the preparation and review operating and program budgets, and two required reforecasts.
- Manages the financial matters of field programs and departments in the Upper Mississippi Flyway, including development of the budget and reforecasts; variance reporting and reporting to external stakeholders including state boards.
- Coordinates with leaders and staff in the Upper Mississippi Flyway, as well as finance department colleagues responsible for grant and accounting support for Upper Mississippi Flyway offices.
- Balances an understanding of complex financial, audit and budget guidelines with the unique business needs of the organization to assess and resolve fiscal issues.
- Monitors, reviews and analyzes budget performance and accounting reports.
- Conducts revenue analysis and forecasting.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, develops findings and makes recommendations involving complex budget and financial management issues.
- Performs high level, time-sensitive special projects and studies as assigned by leaders of the Upper Mississippi Flyway offices.
- Assists Development with the preparation of budgets for foundation and government grant proposals.
- Prepares and distributes regular monthly reporting on financial performance and reserves. Suggests reporting improvements as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- 5- 7 years of experience in budget management/preparation.
- Non-profit and management experience in a similar position required.
- In depth knowledge of financial and budget systems, with a demonstrated ability to create new system-generated reports. Knowledge of Financial Edge. Prophix, and Power Plan (ABM) Budget software a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong planning, problem solving, data collection/management, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge financial accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to create, interpret and accurately represent financial reports and technical documents.
- Excellent technical skills are a must. Ideal applicant can verify the completeness and accuracy of budgetary information and data.
- Ability to perform financial and comparative analyses of budgetary documentation/data and make sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum Education Required