ABOUT EDUCATIONAL ALLIANCE
Educational Alliance brings together and partners with diverse communities in Lower Manhattan, offering individuals and families high-quality, multi-generational programs and services that enhance their well-being and socioeconomic opportunities. We are a place where everyone is welcome and where progress is powered one relationship at a time. We are proud of our legacy as a Jewish organization and we provide high-quality, transformational services and programs to all New Yorkers through our network of community centers on Manhattan’s Lower East Side and East Village. As we have for 130 years, we offer best-in-class programming–now across 15 sites—focusing on a mix of education, health and wellness, arts and culture, and civic engagement
The Institutional Giving Associate provides administrative support to the Institutional Giving team of Educational Alliance, Inc., including developing reports, renewals, and acknowledgment letters for a small portfolio of government and private foundation funders. They will research, identify, and track prospective donors and assist Institutional Giving team members with the preparation and submission of grant reports, proposals, and renewals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Fundraising Responsibilities (40%)
- Research, report, and track prospective funders.
- Collect and prepare documents for site visits and internal and external meetings, including collateral, agendas, budgets, and other materials, as necessary.
- Assist Institutional Giving team members in the proofreading of documents, as requested.
- Compose general correspondence, including all acknowledgment letters.
- Manage a small portfolio of government and foundation funders, including composing LOIs, interim and final reports, and renewals.
Administration and Support Duties (40%)
- Work with the Coordinator of Contracts and Grants to ensure all submissions and other interactions with funders are recorded in our database and other tracking systems.
- Manage electronic filing system, ensuring our files are uniform and organized.
- Create document templates for reports, renewals, and applications.
- Provide administrative support, including copying, scanning, and electronic filing, as necessary, for the entire Institutional Giving team.
- Liaise with program and finance staff, as necessary.
- Be an active member of the Institutional Giving team, including attending weekly meetings.
- Attend external meetings as a representative of the team, as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional work experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Previous writing and proofreading experience.
- Team player and a passion to build relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Excellent customer service skills handling matters in courteous and friendly manner.
- Proactive, hands on approach, as well as a professional work ethic.
- Self-motivated, highly efficient, strong attention to details, and comfortable following up via email, phone, and in-person with staff at all levels of the organization to secure information.
- Ability to work in high pressure, deadline-driven environment autonomously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Pro required.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases and fundraising tools (Foundation Directory Online), preferred, but not required.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, with national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required