Details: Pay scale competitive and commensurate with experience
1637 16th Street
Focusing Philanthropy (www.focusingphilanthropy.org) seeks to add to its team a person who will work directly with our Corporate Secretary and will be involved in Gift Processing related tasks to include the following:
- QuickBooks & Raiser’s Edge Data Entry to include recording and managing gift transactions (i.e. recording deposits and split gifts)
- Assisting as directed with the production of prompt acknowledgement letters for donors and nonprofits
- Manage grants data
- Engage in routine upkeep and accuracy of paper and electronic corporate files and maintain an updated catalog of its contents
- An understanding of accounting practices and prior experience using QuickBooks; prior professional experience in bookkeeping very desirable though not required
- Major or minors in accounting, business economics, or business management preferred, though not required for individuals with 1+ years of prior experience in bookkeeping
- Candidate should be very detail oriented, a self-starter and have the ability to work independently; prior professional experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and communications skills
- Excellent computer skills to include Word and Excel; familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software preferred but not required
Focusing Philanthropy identifies, evaluates, and promotes compelling opportunities for individuals, small foundations, and corporations. Areas of focus include access to medical care, education and job training, clean water, agricultural productivity and other core needs. Since its launch in 2012, Focusing Philanthropy has received donations of about $25 million and deployed it in support of programs developed with its nonprofit implementing partners. About half these nonprofits address human needs abroad and half focus within the U.S. All operating costs of Focusing Philanthropy are funded by its founders, enabling 100% of third party donations to go to the initiatives we showcase with no fees charged to either donors or the ultimate nonprofit recipient.
The individual selected will have an opportunity to join a small, entrepreneurial organization achieving life-changing impacts on a rapidly growing scale, employing an approach adapted from the investment world that is outside traditional practices in the nonprofit sector.
Start Date: Looking to hire immediately
Compensation: Pay scale competitive and commensurate with experience Work Location: 1637 16th Street, Santa Monica CA 90404
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter explaining the nature of their interest and the relevance of their background to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive candidates will be contacted upon initial review of resume and cover letter.