60 Lincoln Center Plaza
This position is responsible for original and copy cataloging of scores and other material for the Tianjin-Juilliard School and assists in the development of procedures for processing and shipping materials for the Tianjin-Juilliard Library.
- Working in the New York office of the Tianjin-Juilliard School, the incumbent will perform original and copy cataloging of scores and other materials for the Tianjin-Juilliard School.
- Work closely with Juilliard Library cataloging team.
- Participate in Library staff meetings.
- Compile monthly and annual cataloging statistics.
- Prepare and revise procedure manuals and related documentation, as required.
- Develop procedures for processing and shipping materials to Tianjin.
- Bachelor’s degree in music; master’s degree in music preferred.
- Experience with original and copy cataloging with OCLC’s Connexion client; knowledge of RDA, AACR2, international cataloging practices and principles of authority control; Library of Congress Subject Headings, and other relevant tools.
- Foreign language facility, especially bibliographic knowledge of German, French and Italian.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to function efficiently within a busy and demanding work environment.
- Strong commitment to library service.
- Experience with music library cataloging and technical services helpful.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces Sierra or Millennium ILS a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.