Grameen Foundation is seeking Top Talent for the Country Director, Philippines and Indonesia
Location: Manila, Philippines - This is a Local Hire Position - No Relocation or Expats benefits are provided for this role.
Grameen Foundation is a global nonprofit that creates breakthrough solutions spanning financial, agricultural and health services. We use digital technology and strengthen local partner networks to design and deliver solutions that open opportunity for women and families living in poverty. Our work is inspired by the people we serve. We believe there is no greater force than the power of women driven to improve their own lives and the lives of those around them.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This is a local position - The Country Director will be responsible for leading, designing, implementing and evaluating Grameen Foundation’s programs and initiatives in the Philippines and Indonesia. The Director will also contribute to the development of global strategies in the sectors of financial services, agriculture and health and will work closely with the global program and strategy teams on an ongoing basis. She/he will also engage in business development activities to generate sufficient resources for programs in South East Asia.
The Country Director will work closely with the EVP, Global Programs, and collaborate with key stakeholders to evolve and implement strategic plan. This individual will use deep knowledge of mobile financial services and agriculture, strategic business development, communication, developing partnerships and strategic collaborations, people and project management skills to help develop integrated last mile agent networks for the poor.
She/he will work closely with the Institutional Relations and Global Program teams to develop new funding sources, and manage and grow existing revenue and funding opportunities. As head of the Country for Philippines and Indonesia, She/He will be responsible for providing oversight for the country offices operations.
· Accountable for taking the vision for delivering integrated financial and information services, overall GF strategy, and partnering with regional counterparts to conduct area and landscape analysis in order to develop a cohesive roadmap for project and product development, delivery and resourcing for The Philippines and Indonesia.
- Driving ongoing program design and product development to achieve sustainable impact on clients that reflects GF’s evidence-based, data-driven, practical innovation, human-centered design and capacity building approaches.
· Ensuring a high level of execution against the strategy and goals.
- Providing input and guidance to regional/programmatic M&E staff for developing area specific frameworks for assessing impact or progress, processes for seeking client feedback, and ongoing processes for improving solutions, services or offerings.
- Managing the country team/s, managing the country budgets and mainly responsible for the hiring of staff and consultants.
- Managing and developing talent in the two country office and working closely with Human Resources to identify and develop career pathways for the team members.
- Setting direction and providing a vision for greater efficiencies and automation in existing processes.
- Partnering closely with Fundraising Staff and Business Analysts to build, maintain and deliver against a robust funding pipeline for their area.
- Driving industry level impact for our work and approach by representing GF at key conferences, writing blog posts and articles, and driving social media campaigns/updates as appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Deep understanding of challenges facing poor, smallholder farmers and corresponding product/service needs; combined with deep commitment to eradicating poverty.
● Expert understanding of mobile financial services and branchless banking channels in the developing world; knowledge of transactional payment platforms; understanding of emerging technology for development trends in the fields of financial inclusion, agriculture and health.
● High level of skills required in business development: guiding landscape analysis, testing financial models and efficiency/cost analysis, identifying and building a robust pipeline of prospective partners/donors/customers that align with program strategy and GF Mission.
● Effective program management and strategic thinking skills that are reflected in effective prioritization and execution.
● High level of communication and collaboration skills; with an ability to influence others without authority, work in a networked organization, and deliver results with diverse partners.
● Excellent writing and communication skills; with the ability to write thought leadership publications or articles.
● Excellent track record in managing teams, both remote and in country.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
● 15+ years of relevant experience in banking and financial services and/or agriculture.
● Strong track record in business development and fund raising is an advantage.
● At least 8 years of experience managing teams, experience with remote teams preferred; and at least 3 years of experience working in emerging markets.
● At least 7 years of experience in mobile financial services and branchless banking channels in the developing world; knowledge of transactional payment platforms; understanding of emerging trends in the areas of agriculture and health.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Development, Economics, Finance, Public Health/Policy, Engineering or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal English language skills; knowledge of other predominant languages spoken in the region desirable. This is a Must.
● Experience working in a global / multicultural organizations across multiple time zones a strong plus.
Minimum Education Required