725 S. Figueroa St.
The Pacific Council seeks to hire a Communications Associate to augment our internal and external communications, public relations, and visual media efforts. Reporting directly to the Communications Officer, the Communications Associate will manage website posting and social media content, draft internal and external communications, and support the Pacific Council’s digital engagement strategy.
The ideal candidate would have a substantive background in communications and international affairs, coupled with experience working in a fast-paced and demanding work environment. Preferred background in visual media (i.e. video) and digital strategy, data visualization, and audience engagement through social media. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Manages the development and timely posting of website and social media content.
- Coordinates posting schedule and editorial calendar of regular written commentary and website updates.
- Produces engaging multimedia (audio, photo, video and graphic) content for a variety of platforms including the Pacific Council’s online Newsroom.
- Works across departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness on department-specific pages and updates.
- Oversees the Pacific Council’s social media presence; produces updates and maintains content on multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Collects data to analyze effectiveness of social media and digital strategies and recommend improvements.
- Researches and advises on new technologies.
Supports the production and quality of all Pacific Council content and marketing materials.
- Develops, drafts, and proofs regular communications to members and external audiences (including Constant Contact email campaigns); copy-edits and standardizes communications from other departments as needed.
- Drafts news releases, talking points, and articles at the direction of the Communications Officer and senior staff.
- Conducts photo research as well as background research for publications and Newsroom content.
Supports the Pacific Council’s communications and branding strategy.
- Contributes to content plans that support the Pacific Council strategic vision and communications strategy.
- Supports media strategy by building media lists and researching outlets and publications to pitch
- Executes new and existing communications strategies (particularly through digital channels) to disseminate to existing members, potential members, and external stakeholders.
Supports other institutional priorities, special projects, and events on an as-needed basis.
- Manages quarterly junior fellow (intern) for the communications department including assigning projects, tasks, and overseeing work quality and performance.
The Pacific Council on International Policy is an independent nonprofit organization affiliated with the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California. Pacific Council staff are full time USC employees and are privy to all USC employee benefits: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Prospective applicants MUST apply for this position via the USC Careers Website: https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/communications-associate/1209/7220671