District of Columbia
The Program Associate to the COO serves as the primary liaison for the Chief Operating Officer, managing communications, logistics, scheduling, and high-level administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Serves as primary liaison and scheduler for the COO; maintains and tracks calendar/schedule, relationships.
- Serves as primary liaison to the Board of Directors; responsible for all meeting logistics, report formatting and dissemination, and scheduling for select Committees.
- Coordinates planning, agendas, logistics and set-up for conferences and high-level meetings.
- Attends meetings, records minutes, prepares and distributes notes.
- Prepares memos, letters, briefing materials and reports.
- Organizes special projects under direction of the COO.
- Tracks and prepares responses for internal and external correspondence on behalf of the COO.
- Manages documents and file system for COO, Corporation, Board of Directors, and other groups as requested.
- Provides other clerical and administrative support to COO as needed, including printing and/or filing documents, answering calls, preparing expense reimbursements and payment requests.
- Creates and tracks balances for department budget and submits requests as needed.
- Provides basic desk research as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- University degree required, preferably in a related field such as international affairs
- 2 years + experience in an administrative support capacity
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and experience with scheduling programs, email and internet
- Diplomatic in communications with high-level executives, Board members, management team, customers and staff at all levels
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build strong working relationships across levels
- Exceptional multi-tasking and follow-through skills
Minimum Education Required