22 East 60th Street
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is a leading French language and cultural center in the heart of Manhattan. As an American not-for-profit organization, FIAF's mission is to create and offer New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts that explore the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures. FIAF has an extensive French-language library, a vibrant Language Center, and a robust array of innovative programming in both French and English. Cinema, visual arts, lectures, and live performance cement FIAF's role as the destination for French culture in New York City.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to the President. This position provides a unique, top-down view of how a cultural non-profit operates and requires close collaboration with all department heads (Marketing, Cultural Programs, Language Center, Development, Membership, Finance).
Executive Office Support
· Manage executive office calendar, including regular scheduling of internal and external meetings and conference calls, and minute taking
· Maintain contacts in President’s personal outlook database and in Raiser’s Edge
• Screen all communications for the President and draft correspondence in French and English: emails, presentations, speeches, thank yous
• Coordinate and disseminate information as pertaining to other departments regarding donor meetings, phone calls and/or correspondence
· Compile and distribute notes for meetings and calls: specifically the weekly Executives meeting
• Plan President’s travel arrangements, itineraries
• Prepare and submit expense reports
• Assist with a significant number of cultivation events including Galas and other VIP events.
• Copy-edit and prepare FIAF’s Annual Repoort
· Organize quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees, including document preparation and taking minutes
· Serve as primary contact for all Board member communications and needs
· Maintain Board Records
· Fluency in French, both written and oral, is a must
· Must be an excellent writer with strong analytical skills
· Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and professional with exemplary time management skills and the ability to prioritize
· Must be able to deal efficiently under pressure and multi-task while being personable
· Must feel comfortable dealing with high-level donors and the President’s guests
· Strong interest in French culture
· BA required, as well as some prior office experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com (Subject: Executive Assistant).
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact applicants we would like to meet for interviews. No phone calls.