91 Larkspur Street
Canal Alliance seeks a talented candidate to join our dynamic fundraising team, which is collectively responsible for raising over $5 million in annual revenue with an eye toward improving our fundraising capacity and efficiency.
The Development Assistant is full-time position that reports directly to the Community Engagement Manager and is responsible for providing accurate data entry, reconciliation and reporting for development and volunteer records, coordinating the agency’s volunteer recruitment and training activities, assisting with the production of special events, and providing administrative suypport for the Development Department. This position demands an effective, focused, organized and detail-oriented worker.
About Canal Alliance
Canal Alliance is a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment. We believe everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, we educate, empower, support, and partner with motivated immigrants and their families to best meet all their unique needs—from putting food on the table, to becoming American citizens, to learning English, to graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work, and succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteer Coordination and Support
· Coordinate the initial screening and intake of interested volunteer candidates and conducting exit surveys
· Promote and maintain all volunteer opportunities required by Canal Alliance program and administrative teams.
· Assist with implementation and training of agency-wide volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
· Handle telephone, voicemail, written, and e-mail inquiries for information regarding volunteers.
· Assist with the coordination of volunteer recognition programs and special events.
Data Entry and Records Management
· Enter and maintain accurate and complete records for donors, donations and volunteers in Salesforce
· Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence
· Prepare donor reports and list selections from Salesforce for mailings, appeals, communications and events
· Maintain grant and report deadlines and attachments in Salesforce for grants and contracts
- Coordinate the production and mailing of volunteer communications.
· Train and oversee Development volunteers to assist with department tasks.
· Assist with the coordination and volunteer support of special events implemented by the Development Department.
· Support the Development Team with other job-related duties as assigned.
· Proficient computer and technology skills, including facility with internet navigation, Word, Excel.
· Effective time management and work organization skills, with a high attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
· Proven ability to work within dynamic teams and build strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, volunteers, clients and donors.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage demanding situations effectively, showing strong initiative and being anticipatory rather than reactive.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Minimum of two years’ experience providing data entry and administrative support in nonprofit, human service, and/or customer service setting.
· Knowledge of Latino, immigrant, or low-income communities.
· Experience with volunteer management.
· Knowledge of Salesforce.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Development Assistant – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required