Essential Access Health champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. The Public Affairs + Administrative Coordinator plays an essential role in a collaborative public affairs team and contributes to the development and implementation of public policy and communications strategies that advance our mission, principles of equity, and strategic priorities. The Coordinator also provides administrative and operational support for our Berkeley Office. The Public Affairs + Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer. The position will be temporarily 100% remote until Essential Access transitions back to the office in early 2022.
SPECIFIC DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Draft and disseminate action alerts, policy updates, fact sheets, and Course of Action monthly e-newsletter
• Maintain legislative priority tracking sheets
• Build and enhance contact database for state and federal offices and media targets
• Create content and graphics for social media platforms, websites, and advocacy and awareness campaigns
• Develop, distribute, and coordinate press releases digital and print promotional materials
• Identify outreach opportunities and support and conduct community engagement activities to inform and advance public policy and strategic priorities
• Provide administrative support for the Chief External Affairs Officer and other Berkeley-based members of the Executive Leadership Team as needed
• Support Berkeley office functions including security, tracking and organizing inventory, placing supply orders, and managing daily mail
• Serve as the lead liaison for Berkeley office vendors and building management and staff for all office suite needs including supplies, security, parking, and maintenance
• Partner with the Information Technology (IT) team and vendors to maintain office equipment including copy machines and provide support for video conference and phone systems
• Support meeting and event planning and implementation
• Coordinate and conduct other administrative projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• Successful candidate must be mission-driven and passionate about protecting and expanding access to sexual and reproductive health care for all
• Minimum of two years-experience in public policy and/or communications in the sexual and reproductive health or broader health field
• College degree preferred, with a focus on political science, communications and/or marketing
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (applicants must provide writing samples) and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
• Strong understanding of media/social media and the current political landscape
• Ability to be resourceful, adapt quickly to change and adjust well to shifts in priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proficient graphic design skills in Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite and willingness to learn to new design tools and other platforms required
The position will be temporarily 100% remote until Essential Access transitions back to the office in early 2022. After the transition, the position will be based out of our Berkeley office.
Essential Access Health champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. The Public Affairs + Administrative Coordinator plays an essential role in a collaborative public affairs team and contributes to the…
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: