475 Riverside Drive, Suite 950
The World Science Festival is hiring an Associate Director of Institutional Giving to manage its Foundations and Government programs for its New York City office. This is an unparalleled opportunity for an entrepreneurial and creative individual to contribute to a dynamic and growing media production organization.
This Associate Director will be responsible for building a portfolio of private foundation, corporate foundation and government agency funders to support the World Science Festival’s near and long-term growth. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Design, implement, and manage a fundraising portfolio focused on expanding and enhancing foundation, corporate foundation and government agency relationships, and financial support. Responsibilities include identification of foundation, corporate foundation and government prospects, development of fundraising strategies, and preparation of proposals, applications, reports, budgets, correspondence, and other written and financial materials.
- Represent WSF, along with the Director of Development, as the institutional contact for the organization.
- Through active and ongoing research into institutional sources of funding, identify emerging philanthropic trends and areas of common interest between institutional donors/prospects and WSF.
- Partner with the Development, Finance, and Programming Departments on the creation of programmatic proposals targeted for institutional sources of funding.
Proposal writing & preparation:
- Identify, solicit and cultivate major philanthropic commitments from foundations, corporations and governmental agencies to support the mission and goals of WSF.
- Partner with the other Development staff, Finance, and Programming Departments on the writing of education and media proposals targeted for institutional sources of funding.
- Develop competitive proposals; including letters of inquiry and full grant applications for WSF programmatic goals and initiatives.
Reporting & Stewardship:
- Develop and maintain a high-quality stewardship process for active institutional prospects and donors.
- Work with the Finance Department to prepare the required narrative and financial reports.
- Assure all grant requirements are fulfilled by the WSF Programming, Marketing, Media and Operations teams on the agreed upon schedule.
- Oversee maintenance of institutional donor and prospect histories and files (both physical and electronic in the database)
- Coordinate and manage the timely production and processing of all grant budgets, payments, and formal acknowledgments and correspondence.
- Maintain and monitor the full calendar of institutional giving activity, including proposal deadlines, prospect meetings, site visits, interim and final reports, and other donor communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years institutional giving experience.
- Working knowledge of foundation and government research resources is required.
- Demonstrated grant writing success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skill, particularly with project budgets.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and Internet), strong information management skills, particularly with Customer Relationship Management software like Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Collaborative, flexible, team-oriented and positive work ethic.
For consideration please submit:
- Cover letter
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply