Details: This is a position offered by two organizations, part-time for each, with the equivalent of a full-time, telework position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and minimally negotiable.
2136 Ford Parkway
National Health Freedom Coalition (NHFC) is an educational 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, working to promote access to all health care information, services, treatments and products that the people deem beneficial for their own health and survival; to promote an understanding of the laws and factors impacting the right to access; and to promote the health of the people of this nation. NHFC has a sister 501(c)4 lobbying organization, National Health Freedom Action (NHFA).
NHFC is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to guide and support the organization’s Board of Directors in the consistent achievement of its mission and business objectives. Generally, the Executive Director is responsible for day-to-day operations of the organization; including collaboration with personnel and oversight of consultants; financial and budgeting oversight; fundraising and donor relations; oversight of the implementation of projects and programs; coordinating and communicating with fellow directors; liaising with the Board of Directors; marketing and communications. The ED will be hired part time by two organizations with the total equivalent of full-time work. The ED will function as an Executive Officer of National Health Freedom Coalition and its sister 501(c)4 lobbying organization, National Health Freedom Action, and will report to the respective Boards of Directors.
Administration & Finance
· Develop the needed infrastructure and support to sustain the mission and financial integrity of the organization.
· Work with Board of Directors in coordination with appropriate staff, consultants, and finance committees to develop and monitor an annual organizational budget and ensure that the organization has sufficient funds to accomplish its mission and goals and carry out the work. Maintain official finance and other records, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
· Provide leadership in developing programs in collaboration with the Director of Law and Public Policy, and Program Directors, developing organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and accounting staff, and assisting in the implementation of plans and policies authorized by the board.
· Guide and implement, with Board approval, the recruitment, hiring, and termination of staff, consultants, and volunteers for NHFC. Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work. Supervise implementation of performance evaluation schedule, and the communication and implementation of sound human resources practices in line with current regulations.
· Supervise and guide the procurement of Board approved qualified vendors and monitor vendor contracts to assure quality service delivery, adherence to any funding contracts, and cost containment.
· Collaborate with the Director of Law and Public Policy and Program Directors to develop, implement and regularly evaluate a strategic plan that defines programs and objectives within the scope of the organization’s financial resources and mission.
· Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments in the field and stay abreast of current research, trends, and opportunities by attending relevant workshops, conferences, and meetings in addition to reading literature, websites, and other materials.
· Collaborate with the Public Relations Coordinator to develop, implement and regularly evaluate a strategic fundraising plan for donors of all types and levels that aligns with the mission and purpose of the organization.
· With the support of the Public Relations coordinator, manage large donor fundraising, fostering and maintaining relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and other potential large donors to keep them abreast of NHFC needs, events, efforts, and successes.
· Implement the strategic fundraising plan for all other donors.
· Provide the necessary data for annual reports and other board and program needs.
· Ensure donations are immediately acknowledged and appropriate documents sent.
· Ensure the organization is utilizing digital and IT resources, including the website, social media, and other forms of promotion to maximize donations.
· Develop alliances with complementary organizations and entities that can offer services that support NHFC’s work or match its efforts.
· Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals. Create events that increase community awareness of NHFC as an organization.
· Supervise the creation of marketing and communications strategies that incorporate traditional and social media, website, and other useful methods to heighten the awareness of NHFC and its mission. Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of this strategy.
· Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups organizations, as well as with NHFA (NHFC’s sister organization) and its programs, board, donors and volunteers.
· Represent the organization and its programs and service philosophy to agencies, organizations and the public.
Experience and Skills
· The successful candidate will have a firm understanding and experience with nonprofit management, compliance, and operations and the ability to stay on top of the changing environment of nonprofits.
· The successful candidate will be astute in financial management and program development and able to understand components of growth in various program venues.
· The candidate will have experience, skills and comfort with working with community-based organizations as it pertains to health freedom.
· This candidate will be an ambassador for NHFC and understand broad cultural and global communities.
· Ability to perform range of duties given smaller organizational size, especially at the onset of operations; an understanding of how to support a small but mighty organization.
· A four-year degree required with an advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated success in leadership roles
· A minimum of five years of experience in a management and leadership role
· Comfort level with functioning autonomously, independently as well as with board and other involvement.
· Leadership experience working within a nonprofit organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com