555 Sandy Bank Rd
Providence Animal Center is currently searching for a fulltime hands on Director of Finance to join our Leadership Team. Due to recent and forecasted growth, we have identified the need for an accomplished not for profit finance professional to take our accounting practices to the next level. In this role, you will have the opportunity to recommend, create and implement new policies and procedures to maximize our life saving mission.
Position Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Business Office Manager
Status: Full-time, exempt, eligible for benefits
· Provide strategic guidance and leadership regarding the policies, processes and systems necessary to manage the organization's financial and administrative operations in an effective and efficient manner.
· Foster a collaborative working relationship across the organization to ensure effective budget preparation, monitoring and linking actual results back to strategic priorities established by PAC’s Board and leadership team.
· Plan and manage the annual audit, including the preparation of Form 990 work papers and schedules.
· Ensure adherence to federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
· Coordinate annual business insurance renewal.
· Ensure a prompt and accurate monthly and yearly close process including financial statements, finance narrative, key metric scorecard and dashboard.
· Present financial reports to the Leadership Team, Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
· Support and advise the Executive Director and Board of Directors in financial decision-making.
· Collaborate with Human Resources Generalist on policies, processes and compensation strategies including annual benefits renewal.
· Manage cash flow and ensure sufficient funds to meet PAC’s operating needs.
· Oversee all day to day transactions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and journal entries.
· Perform monthly entries or analysis including but not limited to, online donations activity, investment activity, payroll and monthly bank reconciliations.
· Work in partnership with the Treasurer, Executive Director and leadership team to identify and meet strategic goals.
· Manages full time Business Office Manager
· Provides coverage of day to day accounting activities during the Business Office Manager’s absences
· Manipulate raw data to identify trends for decision making
· Collaborate with Executive Director on legal issues as needed
Education and experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA or MBA preferred
· A minimum of five years of not for profit experience is required
· Current and extensive comprehension and application of GAAP is required
· Experience with QuickBooks, Paychex and advanced Excel knowledge
· Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, to interact well with a diverse range of people.
· Effective listening, written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
· Ability to analyze, problem solve and recommend process changes
· Must possess excellent judgement, high ethical standards and dedication to organizational compliance.
· Balance Providence Animal Center’s financial goals with our lifesaving.
Physical Requirements: Long periods sitting at a computer entering and analyzing data.
Providence Animal Center is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, political affiliation handicap, religion, medical condition, sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
- Full health insurance coverage
- 403b Retirement Plan
- PTO includes 5 sick/personal days, 4 weeks of vacation, Holidays.
- Reduced veterinary care for your pets
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required