2401 Liberty Heights Avenue
About Baltimore Corps
Baltimore Corps enlists talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice. By matching talent to opportunity, Baltimore Corps works to empower the social entrepreneurs, community leaders, and public sector innovators tackling some of the city’s most pressing challenges and building a stronger Baltimore every day. Baltimore Corps is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work, and a teachable nature. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic, and vision for the future.
About Public Allies
Founded in 1992, Public Allies (www.publicallies.org) is a values-based national leadership organization focused on developing a pipeline of diverse leaders to address the country’s most pressing issues. Public Allies operates a nationally recognized nonprofit apprenticeship program, in partnership with AmeriCorps, in 25 sites across 22 states.
Public Allies' mission is to create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it. Public Allies is a national movement changing the face and practice of leadership in communities across the country by demonstrating its conviction that everyone can lead, and that lasting social change results when citizens of all backgrounds step up, take responsibility, and work together.
Baltimore Corps will serve as a Public Allies Operating Partner for the City of Baltimore beginning in July 2018. To successfully launch this new partnership, Baltimore Corps seeks a Senior Program Manager who will report to the Director of Programs. The Senior Program Manager will work collaboratively with the Director of Programs to lead, manage, and implement the Public Allies program in Baltimore. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervising two Program Managers, working collaboratively with the various Baltimore Corps departmental teams to ensuring operational and programmatic excellence, and building and managing external relationships with partners and other stakeholders. The Senior Program Manager will work closely with various constituents, such as Baltimore Corps staff, Public Allies’ national office, partners, program consultants, and vendors to manage all phases of the program implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (50%)
● Provides leadership to ensure high-quality implementation and execution of the Public Allies program model by program staff and partners.
● Working with the Director of Programs, ensures the implementation of, and reporting on, federal and local grants, including AmeriCorps and foundation grants that support the program.
● Creates partnerships that improve program quality, expand program impact, and encourage program growth and sustainability.
● Completes all required documentation regarding Public Allies communications in a timely manner for evaluation tools, AmeriCorps reports, and communications materials.
● Assists in developing training plans to enhance AmeriCorps member service and increase professional development and leadership skills for the AmeriCorps volunteers working under this grant.
● Develops and manages a plan for implementing and sustaining strategic relationships with community partners.
● Represents Public Allies in the community with integrity.
STAFF MANAGEMENT (30%)
● Leads, coaches, and mentors Public Allies Program Managers.
● Ensures each Program Manager meets his or her individual performance goals.
● Ensures Program Managers have the information, resources, and training required to implement and execute the Public Allies program.
● Helps set clear goals and expectations for staff and provides timely and helpful feedback on progress toward meeting those goals and expectations.
● Ensures Program Managers engage in ongoing opportunities for staff development.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (20%)
● Ensures that all compliance, performance measures, and deliverables are met for all federal and local grants.
● Completes administrative duties related to both Allies and community partner management, including maintaining files, regular reporting, and ensuring Allies and community partners submit required paperwork and complete required data entries in a timely manner.
● Compiles, edits, and writes qualitative and quantitative progress reports, as needed.
● Other duties, as assigned, by the Director of Programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
● 4 + years of experience in youth development and program development and implementation, with a track record of achieving results
● Management experience, including the ability to motivate and coach people of different backgrounds and abilities to achieve results
● Demonstrated experience in training, facilitating, and curriculum development
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy with diverse constituent groups
● Solution-driven, with the ability to effectively problem-solve
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking
● Strong conflict-resolution skills
● Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends, as required
● Knowledge of Salesforce and/or a willingness to learn
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
● Alignment with the missions and core values of Baltimore Corps and Public Allies
Timeline and Compensation
The Senior Program Manager, Public Allies is a salaried position, with health and dental benefits. Baltimore Corps is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, generous vacation time, wellness policies, volunteer opportunities, and flexible work hours. The salary range for this position is $56,000-60,000. Baltimore Corps anticipates filling the role no later than August.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required