Details: Range is base on experience. This is an exempt position.
500 Sutter Street
The Donor Relations and Events Manager is a full-time position that manages event planning and coordinates donor relations and benefits administration. The position reports to the Director of Development. Duties and responsibilities include:
Oversee the day-to-day planning and implementation of all donor events including the annual fundraiser Gala held in the fall.
- Creating and managing timelines and budgets
- Acquire event spaces and vendors including caterer and serving as primary point of contact
- Compile guest lists, oversee invitation mailings, track RSVPs, sales and attendance
- Organize and manage the day of event timeline: set up, check-in and check-out, registration, dinner, volunteers
- Serve as department liaison with Concert Partners and manage all aspects of program
- Participate in prospect identification and research
- Attend Development Committee meetings, and take minutes
Individual and Institutional Donor Relationships and Benefits Administration:
Serve as first point of contact to donors and oversee the administration of donor benefits.
Specific duties include:
- Oversee and execute all processes relating to gifts/pledge receipts including entering gifts in donor database (Tessitura), acknowledgement of gifts and maintaining donor files
- Administer donor benefits and serve as first point of contact to donors, answering donor hotline, fielding donor questions concerning benefits and events, and welcoming guests at event check-in.
- Assist with 2 annual mailing campaigns
- Coordinate with finance department regarding record keeping, audit preparation and reconciliations
- Oversee matching gifts program
- Maintain department needs by ensuring donor related information on SFP website is accurate; organizing stationery needs and other materials
- Manage relationships with corporate donors
- Two weeks of vacation (increases after third and fifth year)
- 5 personal days per year
- 12 to 15 holiday days per year, depending on calendar, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- 12 Sick days per year (separate from any other PTO)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Commuter Checks (pre-tax)
- Access to 403(b) retirement account through TIAA
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position will be open until it is filled, and the start date is approximate. Please visit www.sfperformances.org for more information on San Francisco Performances. Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered.