Chinese Senior Advocate/Case Manager
- Job posted by Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence (ATASK)
Po Box 120108
Chinese Senior Advocate/Case Manager (Full Time Position, 35 hours/week)
Position is within our Community Based Services Program, and based out of our Boston site serving survivors/victims primarily in Greater Boston, Metro West and Southeastern MA; thought services extend throughout Massachusetts and occasionally bordering states to provide needed services to victims, survivors and their children. Hours are typically weekdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with possible after hours and weekend work. This position reports to the Asian Shelter and Advocacy Program (ASAP) Operations Manager and Shelter/Clinical Manager.
ATASK’s mission is to prevent domestic violence in Asian families and communities and to provide hope to survivors. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for victims, survivors and their children and will work as a team member of ATASK to provide comprehensive services to the Asian and general community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally competent, trauma informed services to victims of domestic violence
- Provide direct services to clients: including safety planning, crisis intervention, case management, and advocacy
- Assist and accompany clients (and their children) to court, legal appointments, health care, public benefits, social/community agencies relative to client short, and long-term stabilization goals
- Provide service and supportive counseling in client’s native language as needed
- Accurately and effectively, provide translation and interpretation on clients (and children’s) behalf as needed
- Make referrals, network, and directly advocate with other agencies to assist clients in achieving safety and stabilization goals and seek-out funds needed to stabilize and assist client.
- Conduct intake, assessment, and goal planning with clients
- Maintain current and accurate records of services and regularly check and update client database
- Provide data for periodic grant reports
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, case meetings, and trainings
- Answer hot line calls: ascertain caller’s needs; provide supportive listening, crisis intervention, safety planning, information about domestic violence, resources and inter-agency and external referrals
- Act as one of the lead case managers of the ATASK Community Based Services Program. Alongside management, ensure that all aspects of the program run smoothly and respond to any crisis that arises.
- Collaborate with Managers and other Senior CM’s, ensuring that services and operations are functioning smoothly. Assist in evaluating and improving performance of ATASK direct services. Assist in Strategic Program planning and development.
- Mentor advocate/case managers, interns and volunteers; and create a positive, productive atmosphere. Participate in hiring and training of new advocates, interns and volunteers
- Participate in relevant service provider groups, advocacy coalitions, ATASK and community events, and community advocacy and work groups.
- Engage community leaders on existing and emerging issues related and represent ATASK at outreach and community events.
- Participate in research and grant development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fluent in a Chinese language, preferably Mandarin; and fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- At least two years of prior Advocacy experience
- At least four years of prior case management experience
- Be understanding, sensitive to, and have compassion for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, for LEP (limited-English-proficient) immigrant populations, and for folx of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Deep cultural understanding of the targeted LEP immigrant community.
- Experience working with domestic violence, sexual assault, or trauma
- Knowledge of health care, legal, education, work force development, mental health, and child systems
- Ability to work with survivors and/or their children in crisis situations
- Committed to ending a culture of domestic violence
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Working knowledge or MS office suite (word, excel, power point, etc…)
- Experience with client database systems, preferred not required
- Valid driver’s license preferred, and access to a vehicle, not required
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of all nationalities, ethnicities, backgrounds, orientations, genders, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Health, dental and vacation, personal and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate will be fluent in a Chinese language, preferably Mandarin; and fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to:
ASAP Operations Manager
Salary will commensurate with education and experience. The Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.