The Southeast Los Angeles (SELA) Collaborative is a network of organizations gathered to lead the area of Southeast Los Angeles into an era of increased vitality by bringing resources to build a robust infrastructure of local nonprofits, to inform and engage stakeholders for increased civic participation, and to provide data and research specifically designed to explore the possibilities of this region. The SELA Collaborative is fiscally sponsored by Families In Schools.
The SELA Collaborative seeks a dynamic, results-oriented Marketing and communications professional passionate about creating an equitable and just society in collaboration with low-income and immigrant communities. The Marketing Manager primary role is to help us convey the rich history and assets that exist in the Southeast LA region. The Marketing Manager will develop and execute marketing programs and events, customer and internal communications initiatives, and production of marketing and program materials that reflect the dynamic individuals that make-up the region. The position reports to the SELA Executive Director and it is a grant funded position that can be eliminated if funding ends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, execute, and manage a communication strategy for SELA Collaborative.
· Conducts, analyzes, and interprets market segment/industry/future market trends and competitive market offerings to ensure SELA differentiation.
· Coordinate content development for the organization’s external and internal communications.
· Develop and manage a centralized communication structure for internal and external purposes.
· Maintain and manage all branding materials consistency and active across all platforms and events.
· Continuously monitor and collect data to improve quality and effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
· Manage the organization’s public communications efforts through regular website updates (including some design components), regular outreach to key audiences using database management systems, and community management of social media outlets.
· Regularly review and report on website and social media analytics to senior staff and actively seek opportunities to raise the agency’s brand awareness.
· Work with SELA team to develop, plan, and execute a regular communications calendar.
· Ensure all communications reflect organization standard, style guides, and brand consistency.
· Provide communications leadership and input for all strategic planning processes in partnership with Executive Director.
· Lead all press conference and build relationships with media to continue to promote and uplift the work of the SELA Collaborative.
· Maintain excellent relationships with key community and communications partners.
· Maintain inventory of photos, videos, news releases, audio recordings or other public use items.
· Assist with the marketing of program workshops, trainings, teleconferences and special events.
· Develop and/or co-develop blogs about the work and activities related to the SELA Collaborative’s strategies and mission.
· Define and measure metrics of success and monitor communication effectiveness.
· Reviews and analyzes results of each communication initiative; develops and executes changes to improve effectiveness.
· Develops, implements, and maintains procedures that enhance the efficiency of the marketing communications team.
· Represent the SELA Collaborative at events both on-site and within the community.
· Perform other duties as assigned in support of the SELA Collaborative.
· Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent number years of experience.
· Minimum of four to six years of demonstrated involvement in marketing and communications.
· Ability to build strong relationships and engage and motivate teams representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
· Proficient in Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Experience developing an organization-wide strategy for communications and marketing.
· Effective and Strong oral and written communication skills including strong editing skills.
· Keep eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity.
· Experience with reporting and evaluating communication effectiveness.
· Demonstrated integrity and experience in driving others to strive for excellence in their work and leading others to new levels of effectiveness.
· Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
· Project coordination experience, adhering to project deadlines/budgets and ensuring high-quality deliverables.
· Experience working in low-income communities and/or community-based (nonprofit) agencies.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Technology savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook).
· Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrate an openness to feedback and commitment to learning and process improvement.
· Desire to promote the assets of the organization to better serve our community.
· Dedication to the efficient and effective use of resources.
· Strong work ethic and commitment to professional quality, excellence and accountability to oneself and others.
· Capability to think strategically while executing tactically within a high-functioning team-oriented environment.
· Ongoing use of good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all professional matters.
· Committed to building positive relationships with all agency stakeholders, across levels, roles and functions.
· Ability to successfully pass a background check.
The Southeast Los Angeles (SELA) Collaborative is a network of organizations gathered to lead the area of Southeast Los Angeles into an era of increased vitality by bringing resources to build a robust infrastructure of local nonprofits…
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees, so every member of FIS can succeed to their potential. We provide our eligible employees traditional benefit packages, discounts, and additional perks. If you become part of FIS, here are possible benefits for which you will be eligible:
· Paid time off - 10 paid Holidays, 12 Vacation days, 10 Sick days, and Closure December 24 to December 31
· After 30 days of successful employment Families in Schools offers Medical, Dental, Vision and $50,000 Life Insurance. FIS pays 100% of the premium for our employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents. Employees who select a premium insurance will contribute a premium differential.
· 100% employer-paid Disability and Life insurance policies
· 401K (annual employer contribution)
Families In Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees, so every member of FIS can succeed to their potential. We provide our eligible employees traditional benefit packages…
· Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
· Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and Resumes