404 East 91st Street
ABC’s Cody Gifford House and The Keith Haring School are currently seeking licensed Special Educators for our Early Intervention classrooms working with children (18 months to 3 years old) with a range of developmental delays and special needs, with a ratio of 10:1:2. Candidates should be warm and nurturing with the ability to make the classroom a supportive and safe place for all children. All candidates must hold their Masters in Early Childhood Special Education and be New York State certified to teach Birth-2nd Grade.
- Create daily structured routines and activities for children with developmental disabilities and medical conditions (Autism, Downs Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis)
- Deliver creative and interactive activities to children to improve cognitive, language, social-emotional and motor skills
- Collaborate with families and service providers to support and share the educational needs of their children to meet their IFSP goals
- Maintain progress reports and participate in meetings related to the child
Required Education and Experience:
- Required Master’s in Early Childhood Education/Special Education.
- Must be certified in New York State as an Early Childhood Education (Birth-2) and Students with Disabilities (Birth-2) Teacher or equivalent.
Skills & Knowledge
- Collaborate with the family and a multi-disciplinary team to develop goals and outcomes for children
- Educate family members on different intervention strategies to facilitate active involvement
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Recent graduates (December 2017/May 2018) are encouraged to apply!
Minimum Education Required