1231 N. Broad Street
Supervise and guide youth in the after school activities at one school site under the direction of the Director/Group Supervisor.
- Participate in the planning of group activities in coordination with the Director/Group Supervisor, which meet the development needs of youth enrolled. Creates interesting activities and helps to maintain a positive and affirming environment including:
Implementing program activities in conjunction with other program staff, using a team approach; which complements and integrates the various skills and styles of all included.
- Provide support to the Director/Group Supervisor in the area of planning, management, program execution, and communication with parents.
- Create and lead at least 1 whole group lesson weekly for about 45-60 minutes. Lessons must be turned in at least two days prior of the lesson date and be flexible to modify if necessary; ensure lessons are fun/hands on, academically and grade appropriate.
- Responsible for the completion of daily attendance logs(student/volunteer sign in sheets)
- Assist with program documentation
- Maintain and ensure schedules and routines are carried out promptly and consistently
- Attend all assigned staff meetings and professional development trainings (15 hours yearly)
- Respond immediately to all incidents of safety, injury or illness. Involves the Director/Group Supervisor as soon as possible in all incidents and submits a written report within 24 hours
- Performs some housekeeping duties in order to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the activity area and to prepare it for the next group or next day’s activity.
Inspect on a daily basis all facilities, equipment, and supplies and be sure all are accounted for and put away at the end of each day.
- Maintain confidentiality with student files.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to create and lead structured lessons with children.
- Ability to assist in homework help and other assigned duties
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom with limited supervision
- Bi-lingual is a plus (Spanish or Vietnamese)
- High School diploma or GED. An Associate’s degree or College credits in Education a plus.
- At least 2 years of documented experience working with children and their families.
- Must pass Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance, Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, and Medical Physical within 30 days of hire.
- Normal Schedule 2:30-6:00pm M-F; On Half Days of School: 12:00-6:00pm
Classroom Management, Creative Thinking, Problem Solving, and Communication
Minimum Education Required