We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager to support our Eastside Family Centre. The Eastside Family Centre is a place to come when you have troubles at home or need someone to talk to. Single-session counselling is no-cost and no appointment is necessary.
This program provides no-charge, walk-in, single-session counseling to individuals, couples, and families, and is located in northeast Calgary’s Northgate Mall; open Monday to Saturday. Services are for people experiencing emotional upset that may arise from a variety of situations ranging from parent/adolescent conflict and mental health concerns to domestic violence, financial stress and/or employment loss.
The Program Manager is usually responsible for two or more programs and the general overseeing of all aspects of management, with particular emphasis on program development and quality service delivery.
This position reports to a Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Leading and developing program(s) within the mission and values of Wood’s Homes and assumes responsibility for the development of the Program budget as per budget guidelines.
· Managing program(s) via the supervision and training of Team Leader(s) to ensure high quality services delivery.
· Ensures quality program services are delivered including clinical case management.
· Ensures quality Human Resource practices including interviews, hiring, retention, and staff training/development.
· Consults/advises managers, supervisors and programs regarding day to day operations as needed and shares regular on-call responsibilities for the agency.
· Executes other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Highly developed supervisory skills, preferably with five (5) years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated excellent skill in youth work and/or clinical work and capable clinical expertise.
- Able to manage conflict proactively.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, EFC Program Manager’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.