Per-Diem Social Worker/Counselor – Mental Health Clinic
- Job posted by The Family Center of New York City
The Family Center Mental Health Clinic provides mental health services to 250 families in the Brooklyn area. We offer assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and family members affected by mental health issues. The Per-Diem Social Worker/Counselor provides on going mental health services and monitoring for a caseload of 12-14 clients. The hours would be primarily 3:30pm to 7pm, with some flexibility to specific days during the week. S/he will report to the Clinic Director.
- Provide agency-based therapeutic counseling for children, adolescents and adults in an outpatient OMH funded mental health clinic.
- Provide thorough assessments and develop quarterly service plans for individuals and families.
- Responsible for all documentation and communication with families and clients.
- Assist clients in obtaining additional medical services, as needed.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes other social workers and family coordinators, psychiatrists and ancillary agencies to provide services to families and clients affected by mental illness such as NYS Department of Education, ACS , as needed.
- Develop and facilitate groups designed to meet the needs of families and clients affected by mental illness.
- Monitor client’s treatment and comply with all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensure continuity of services for clients and families; collaborate with other social service agencies to provide wraparound services for clients and their families.
- Present to community groups about clinical issues which arise when working with families with chronic/terminal illness and with families headed by grandparent caregivers.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of work.
- Special projects as requested.
- Licensed MSW, LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or LMFT by the state of New York.
- Master Degree in Social Work or related field (Psychology, counseling, mental health)
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to submit documentation on a set timeline.
- Ability to work as part of a clinical team.
- Proficient computer skills( ability to utilize Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint), familiar with electronic documentation programs (Net smart, Evolv)
- Thorough understanding of DSM-V mental health diagnoses and treatment approaches for adults and children.
- Familiar with Evidence Based practice model of treatment ( MI, CBT, CRAFT)
- Ability to provide professional, confidential services to families and function in a high paced environment.
Minimum Education Required