1201 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
OPERATIONS & FACILITIES ASSOCIATE
Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is an innovative partnership among the Microsoft Corporation, Angelina Jolie and other interested philanthropists, law firms and corporate supporters. As the leading national organization that works to ensure that no refugee or immigrant child faces immigration court alone, KIND is dedicated to providing pro bono representation as well as positive systemic change in both law and policy to improve the protection of unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children. KIND also engages in programming in Central America and Mexico to promote the best interests and protection of migrant children throughout the region. Launched in fall 2008, KIND is headquartered in Washington, DC and has 10 field offices across the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Facilities the Associate will work in support and improvement of operational systems, processes, and functions of a national legal services organization. Position is responsible for day-to-day operational needs for KIND’s 150+ member staff throughout thirteen nationwide offices.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
At least 2-3 years of collective experience as well as a degree in business, organizational management or related field required. Previous experience in a nonprofit setting a plus.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills with acute attention to detail;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, perform well under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and objectives;
· A self-starter who takes initiative in finding solutions, with demonstrated ability to execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to communicate and interact professionally with a variety of stakeholders at various levels throughout the organization;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Exceptional reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills, including an ability to translate ideas and concepts into clear actionable items;
· Demonstrated experience and expertise with technology and technology systems;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Office 365;
· Passion for migrant and refugee issues.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Director of Operations & Facilities
· Provide support to field offices ensuring their technological, administrative, and office-wide systems needs are met.
· Manage multiple communication channels including the organization information email inbox as well as internal technology and operations support inboxes – direct inquiries to applicable parties as needed;
· In collaboration with Human Resources assist with the onboarding of staff and interns in coordination with supervisors – ensuring new staff are set up with all applicable electronic accounts and receive equipment in a timely manner;
· In collaboration with Human Resources assist with the off boarding of staff and interns in coordination with supervisors – ensuring all applicable credentials are revoked at the appropriate time and all KIND owned equipment is returned;
· Support the Director of Operations & Facilities in coordinating and planning logistics pertaining to facilities procurement, moves, and setups of new offices;
· Streamline internal processes across all sites and document all replicable operational process for inclusion internal published materials such as Desk Manuals;
· Act as the primary vendor liaison as well as maintain and ensuring vendor files are kept current;
· Develop proficiency in the use and maintenance of office systems, equipment, and technology, and assist staff as needed;
· Assist with the research and implementation of new programs, systems, and office solutions;
· Coordinate with staff and IT consultants for onsite visits;
· Serve as headquarters (“HUB”) lead ensuring the smooth operation of HUB office by maintaining supplies, inventory, equipment, and overall tidiness of the office; serve as liaison with HUB building staff including landlord, engineers, and other vendors;
· Oversee organizational office supply procurement program;
· Provide general administrative support and other responsibilities as assigned.
Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes regular interaction via phone and email with KIND’s national team.
Position requires minimal travel.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three professional references, should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/jobs/. Applications that do not contain all of the above-listed required materials will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
KIND is an EOE committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in both its staff and work. The selected applicant will be asked to undergo a background check before acceptance of the final offer.