12225 Greenville Ave.
Type of Employee: Full-time (Exempt)
Supervisor: Finance Manager
- Manage aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to A/P, A/R, payroll, JE, and bank reconciliation.
- Prepare financial reports including reimbursement request, budget vs actual report and grant-specific financial report to grantors and Board of Directors.
- Process invoices and deposits in a timely manner.
- Support Finance Manager, Program Directors and Fund Development staff in developing and analyzing agency and grant proposal budgets.
- Work closely with outside Accounting consultant to execute month-end closing
- Coordinate with external auditor and tax firm in preparation of year-end audit and tax return.
- Prepare and execute payroll using a payroll service provider.
- Complete training on reporting to government contracts, accounting policies, business compliance, and other relevant topics.
- Assist Finance Manager in managing staff’s benefits, and updating personnel policy and procedures as needed.
- Assist Program Directors with human resources tasks such as on-boarding, employee management, and termination procedures.
- Act as interim Finance Manager in the absence of the latter.
- Other tasks assigned by Executive Director and Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 1 year work related experience. Masters’ degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, and computerized accounting systems (Financial Edge preferred).
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices (non-profit accounting preferred), internal control, and auditing procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable in working with a culturally diverse team.
Health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays.
Minimum Education Required