130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
The operations assistant provides administrative and technical support to the Donor Development Services team and the supervisor of Information Systems. Responsibilities include letter writing, gift processing, quality control, producing reports, and assisting in other ways, as appropriate.
- Produce accurate, customized acknowledgement letters by consulting with fundraising staff and comprehensive review of database, donor files and company websites
- For pledges, payments, and outrights for major gift donors:
- Process pledges and payments.
- Make sure that receivable forms are signed by the appropriate personnel, as necessary; make copies of forms and back up as needed
- Review all gift processing forms from all fundraisers
- Create and run reports from the fundraising system into Excel
- Works with the acknowledgements spreadsheets: creates and adds information as necessary.
- Maintain filing system
- Various projects as assigned
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with administrative experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and effective time manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with fundraising databases.
- Team player and proactive work ethic.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF