Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is seeking an Outreach Analyst to use data analysis and insights from behavioral research to continually increase the effectiveness of our targeted outreach to people eligible for assistance paying for food, health care, housing and other essential benefits and services. The Outreach Analyst will work with government partners, outside experts, and internal stakeholders to develop behaviorally-informed communication strategies to engage low-income individuals throughout the application screening and enrollment process for benefits, such as SNAP and Medicaid. The Outreach Analyst will evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and make informed and creative improvements. BDT intends to use machine learning to tailor messages to specific audiences, further enhancing outcomes. While the role will initially focus on interactive texting strategies to support clients through the application and enrollment process, it will likely expand to additional media, such as direct mail, email, robo-calls, and live phone calls.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is attentive to detail, able to work independently, and comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders regularly. Ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced environment where they have the opportunity to learn, be creative, and have a significant social and economic impact. The role is a blend of marketing and analytics with a focus on improving the lives of low-income families and individuals.
· Develop behaviorally-informed engagement plans (e.g., content and timing) designed to help individuals complete necessary steps to enroll in public benefits.
· Gather insights from key experts regarding specific target populations (e.g., SNAP applicants) and application procedures to inform engagement plans.
· Build flowcharts detailing the order, content, and timing of messages to be delivered.
· Utilize internal business intelligence software (Looker) to develop dashboards to monitor program implementation and progress to goals.
· Develop data-driven recommendations for program improvements and prepare memos to disseminate findings.
· Inform new proposals by conducting initial research into application procedures and estimating the time to develop engagement plans for nudges.
· Write blogs and prepare presentations on significant outreach insights and outcomes for delivery internally and externally at meetings and conferences.
· At least 2 years of behavioral research experience and/or 2 years of relevant experience in analytics/ measurement
· Experience with Excel required; experience with Looker or other business intelligence software and/or statistical software a plus
· Proven project management and relationship management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and must be able to discuss technical concepts to individuals in common language
· Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and meeting tight timelines
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit organization committed to transforming how individuals in need access essential benefits and services. BDT envisions an efficient, cost-effective health and human services system that proactively connects individuals and families to the supports they need so that people are healthier and more economically secure, and communities are stronger. Through direct service delivery and systems change, BDT works to improve health, social, and economic outcomes and streamline the benefits enrollment process.
BDT employs 160 employees in Philadelphia and provides enrollment assistance in Colorado, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 650,000 benefits applications for low-income households across the country, securing over $7 billion in benefits for food, healthcare, housing and other services that help move individuals and families toward financial stability. BDT now submits more benefit applications each year than any other entity in the nation. Research and evaluations have found BDT’s targeted outreach and enrollment assistance to be highly cost-effective. BDT also works with government agencies to assist them in adopting policies and practices proven to streamline benefits enrollment, and BDT partners with leading researchers to document the impact of benefits access and cost-effective outreach and enrollment strategies.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to https://careers-bdtrust.icims.com/jobs/1051/outreach-analyst/login?mobile=false&width=920&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240