Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
22 Cortlandt Street
The Writing Revolution (TWR) is a national non-profit organization which brings proven strategies to underserved schools that enable students to improve their writing skills, become better readers, speak more coherently, and elevate their critical thinking. We train teachers and school leaders in The Hochman Method, an evidence-based model for teaching writing primarily through courses and partnerships with schools and districts.
TWR is seeking a talented, energetic, goal-oriented professional for the position of Director of Development and Communications. The successful candidate will be goal and deadline oriented, possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with the highest level of accuracy and professionalism. She or he will have good interpersonal skills and possess a whatever-it-takes attitude, work well independently and, as a member of a highly successful team, be inspired by the opportunity to help build a national model with limitless potential to prepare students for college, the workplace, and life success.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Meet or exceed fundraising targets and report regularly on progress against revenue goals
· Lead development committee meetings and initiatives
· Write and submit proposals, reports, and LOIs that yield new, increased, and continued support
· Coordinate highly personalized prospect and donor updates and an annual appeal
· Plan an execute cultivation events including and annual fundraising events
· Manage prospect and funder pipeline ensuring deadlines are met with meaningful touch points
· Strategically market TWR services to educators and donors
· Manage website updates and newsletter creation and distribution
· Develop and maintain a communications strategy including a proactive social media calendar
· Leverage Salesforce database for fundraising and general communications purposes
· Create and maintain systems for storing donor and prospect information, processes, tracking deadlines, and
ongoing donor communications
· Supervise a Development Associate
· Bachelor’s degree and 4+ year’s experience in development for a non-profit
· A track record in researching and writing successful grant proposals
· Highly developed written and oral communication’s skills
· Experience with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or a comparable fundraising database
· Experience with digital media including any website management, design, social media
· Previous work with Constant Contact or a similar communications tool
· Exceptional follow through, commitment to quality, and deadline management skills
TWR offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please. TWR is an equal opportunity employer.