Exciting. High-energy. Rewarding.
Outreach is seeking qualified candidates for the position Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor positions open in our Outpatient Programs. The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for the delivery of direct clinical services in a substance abuse treatment setting.
*We have several similar opportunities throughout Outreach's several units. All openings are listed here *
What You Will Do:
Who You Are:
· Limited permit or clinical master’s level candidate; CASAC or CASAC-T with relevant experience will be considered
·Advanced degree required; LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or higher preferred.
· 2-3 years of experience with substance abuse disorders
· 1-2 years of experience working with clients with co-occurring and mental health problems
· 1-2 years of experience working in an OASAS funded facility a plus
· Experience working with individuals who are severely and persistently mentally ill required- if applicable
· Commitment to providing quality services and outcome-driven performance measures.
· Excellent organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance clinicians, set and achieve program objectives.
· Strong networking and public relations skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, populations, and cultures.
· Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to program planning.
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Experience with AVATAR electronic health records a plus.
· Bilingual Spanish a plus.
· Ability to work the required full-time 35 hours schedule. Hours are flexible.
At Outreach, we enjoy a strong work-life balance, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional training. Our enthusiastic employees love what they do and the positive impact they make every day. Outreach embraces diversity and promotes a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected.
Our employees are the reason Outreach ranks among the most respected health and human services providers in New York City and Long Island. In fact, we have been named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in New York” a total of nine times since 2010.
Communities throughout Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island turn to Outreach for a vast array of treatment and training needs. We customize our services to increase our access to a wide range of individuals and groups including Families, Justice System, Aspiring Professionals, EAPs/MAPs and Community Members. Outreach’s treatment services are licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) and employ best practices in line with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) indicators of quality treatment.
An EEO employer, we enjoy exceptional workforce retention – many of our employees have been with Outreach for 10 years or more, some starting as part-timers and now working in full-time senior management.
Adding to our outstanding benefits, some members of Outreach’s clinical and professional staff may be eligible for student loan forgiveness and repayment plans for persons working in public service, education, and health care, including the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program, Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) Plan, or the New York State Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program. Outreach’s NYC outpatient programs are also approved for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Substance Use Disorder Loan Repayment program, for eligible clinicians.
Exciting. High-energy. Rewarding.
Outreach is seeking qualified candidates for the position Full-Time Substance Abuse Counselor positions open in our Outpatient Programs. The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for the delivery…