Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
919 18th Street NW
The Director of Finance and Administration will manage all financial, and administrative services for the CORE Group and will provide strategic business guidance to further develop CORE as a financially sound organization. The Finance and Administration Director will provide strategic business planning, supervise/conduct all financial operations, and manage the administrative portfolio for CORE.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
FINANCE CONTROL & BUDGETING
• Ensure financial integrity and accountability and maintain internal controls.
• Lead the revision of the CORE Inc. financial manual and policy manual, as well as develop strategies for allocation and indirect rate recovery
• Ensure that transactions and financial decisions adhere to grantor regulations, and meet US Agency for International Development (USAID) guidelines, specifically OMB Super Circular.
• Generate timely monthly, quarterly, yearly and project specific financial reports in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
• Assist in procurement of auditor services.
• Oversee audit activities and ensure compliance with government and donor regulations. Work with auditors to ensure timely issuance of 2 CFR 200 audit.
• Coordinate with the Executive Director and CORE staff to create and manage CORE’s annual organizational budget.
• Develop budgets for proposals in conjunction with the Sr. Director of Business Development and Partnership
• Manage various types of agreements (cooperative agreements, grants, sub-grants, sub-contracts, personal services agreements, memos of understanding, etc.) and solicit legal advice when needed to ensure compliance with applicable government rules and regulations.
• Provide guidance to Executive Director and Board of Directors on strategic business directions by conducting financial planning, analysis, forecasting, developing scenarios to inform decision making, and advising on key directions and options for development.
• Provide the analytical financial thinking to qualify ideas as good and appropriate.
• Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team. Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
• Represent the company to financial partners, including donors, auditors, public officials, bank, etc.
• Coordinate with payroll management company to ensure all government regulations are in line for payroll, as well as organizational policy for benefits.
• Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans including cash requirements.
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls, financial systems and financial procedures.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
• Oversee Human Resources function, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Supervise Operations and Accounts Manager, in conjunction with the Executive Director for relevant tasks.
• Lead facilities, inventory, IT systems and other administrative functions, supported by Operations and Accounts Manager.
• Ensure all insurance policies are renewed on an annual basis.
• Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team through demonstrated business judgment combined with an ability to effectively influence others.
• Perform other tasks as requested by Executive Director.
CORE Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, medical, dental, and work from home options.
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong English writing and speaking skills required. Proven ability to communicate effectively and to work well in a team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position with the subject line “Director of Finance_Last Name” to: Lisa Hilmi, Executive Director, CORE Group, at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.