Recent Undergraduates to Teach English in Villanueva, Honduras to begin ASAP until November 2018
- Job posted by Walk Beside me for Knowledge
Full Time Temporary Contract
Details: 9,000 lempiras monthly stipend
We are looking for any graduate or undergraduate that wants to become teachers and encourage the healthy intellectual and psychological growth of the children in our school. Teachers will teach and supervise students while also motivating them to think critically and exercise their imagination.
We are located in Villanueva, Honduras approximately 30 minutes away from San Pedro Sula. Villanueva is easily accessible for travel to attractions such as the world famous Mayan ruins at Copan, Pulhapanzak waterfalls ,Yojoa Lake and much more!
This teaching opportunity will allow you to test your teaching skills, develop leadership skills and challenge yourself in more ways than you ever thought possible. If you do not have a teaching degree, do not worry! We offer training to any fluent English speaker with a bachelor's degree that is ready for the challenge!
Teaching in Honduras is an opportunity for adventurous explorers to live and work in a country where your work as a teacher is greatly appreciated, and where the community’s hospitality will make you feel right at home.
- Design and follow a full schedule of activities and discover suitable teaching material
- Balance your teaching between logical and social exercises
- Assign relevant and productive classwork and homework assignments.
- Provide basic care and caregiving activities
- Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etc) to enhance the children’s learning experience.
- Evaluate children's performance to make sure they are on the right learning track
- Remain in constant communication with parents and update them on the progress of their children
- Identify behavioral problems and determine the right course of action with the assistance of the administration
- Collaborate with other colleagues
- Adhere with teaching standards and safety regulations as established by school officials
We require that our teachers be positive, flexible, sensitive to cultural expectations, and able to make the most of minimal resources. This is a great chance to put your teaching skills to the test, and a wonderful opportunity experience life abroad in Honduras. We hope to hear from you today!
- Bachelor’s Degree (recent undergraduates preferred)
- Proven experience with children
- Patience, flexibility and love for children
- Strong communication and time management skills
Here our facebook page so you can see some of our activities.
- Monthly stipend of $380USD
- Housing, wifi, water and electricity
- Residency fees
- $300USD flight reimbursement upon completion of the 10 month program*
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is not necessary you can learn here.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You can send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange an interview. or email@example.com