2 Court Square West
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Technical Services, the individual will be responsible for assisting in a full range of day-to-day activities and processes of the technical services department in the Law Library.
Responsibilities include maintaining administrative invoice records and files, executing all aspects of serials processing, updating and editing records in the Library Information System, and troubleshooting and resolving basic problems that may arise in acquisition workflow. The work requires that the employee have knowledge, skill, and ability in every phase of library technical services functions. Examples of tasks include:
- Opens and distributes technical services mail.
- Responsible for serials, acquisitions, and processing.
- Verifies payments against invoices and statements.
- Maintains records of acquisitions, and resolves routine problems in procedures.
- Performs a variety of library clerical tasks, as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
- Requires a B.A. or substantive library experience in a technical services department.
- Previous technical services experience required.
- Knowledge of technical services terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of Aleph Integrated Library System, acquisitions and cataloging modules preferred.
- Working knowledge of RDA and MARC.
- Excellent ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain library records and carry out library procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and associates.
$xx.xx an hour (20 hour week); Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
From CUNY First job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site (www.cuny.edu) and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Please also feel free to submit your resume and cover letter to the listed email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.