As a member of the Development team, the Gift Processor and Database Associate will review, enter, and process all outright gifts, pledge agreements, and pledge payments and be responsible for providing receipts and donor acknowledgments. In addition, the Gift Processor and Database Associate will maintain accurate and complete donor records in Salesforce, provide updates on the Development team’s progress to goals, and develop and produce financial reports from Salesforce. The Gift Processor and Database Associate will report to the Director of Development Operations and Policy.
The Gift Processor and Database Associate will be responsible for achieving the following outcomes within the first year:
- Ensuring donors’ gifts and pledge agreements are accurately recorded and maintained in Salesforce
- Generating receipts, pledge reminders, overdue notices, and acknowledgements and ensuring they are sent on a timely and consistent basis
- Entering donor information in Salesforce consistently and ensuring it is highly accurate so that it can be used and relied upon across the Foundation
- Providing reports to the Development team on a regular basis to assist in tracking their progress to goals, as well as to to senior leadership to assist in analyzing financial and budget totals
- Keeping the Development team up-to-date and well-trained on Salesforce capabilities to assist in and enhance their work
The ultimate aim of the Gift Processor and Database Associate is to achieve the outcomes listed above. In order to achieve those outcomes, we imagine that the Gift Processor and Database Associate will spend their time in the following ways:
- Review, enter, and process outright gifts and pledge agreements in Salesforce.
- Generate timely and accurate receipts, pledge reminders, and acknowledgment letters in coordination with the Director of Stewardship and Events
- Enter and maintain donor information, including biographical data, research profiles, solicitations, and gifts, to ensure data integrity
- Query data on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis to monitor development activities and provide financial and progress to goal reports to Development team and Senior Leadership
- Build, in collaboration with the finance team, a data dashboard and/or series of custom reports to better facilitate the tracking of key metrics relative to major donor prospects
- Serve as technical point-person for the team regarding Salesforce and any other donor databases, as well as work with the Foundation’s Information Technology department to develop and implement system upgrades to enhance donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship processes as the needs of the Development team grows
- Strong ability to distill technical information and conduct user trainings as necessary to ensure non-technical staff have the knowledge they need, in either classroom or side-by-side settings
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new or improved systems and processes to track key development activities and financial metrics
- Strong ability to process large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data and analyze outcomes to facilitate goal setting, with experience doing this in a fast-paced, quality-critical environment
- Proven track record of effectively managing large, complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Highly efficient and organized, with great attention to detail and a track record of meeting short- and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high volume organization
- Experience with Salesforce configuration required, with a preference for those with Salesforce certifications (http://certification.salesforce.com/)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional communicator, verbal and written, with a track record of communicating effectively with people across teams and at all levels
- Minimum of four years of experience, including previous experience at a non-profit organization, specifically in development required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Minimum Education Required