4737 Meade St. N.E.
About The Fishing School: The Fishing School prepares elementary and middle school youth for success in high school and life by improving their academic performance and life skills, and by engaging them and their parents in intensive, multi-year, research-based programs and activities. For more information, please visit www.fishingschool.org.
The Operations Manager is a highly organized problem solver who coordinates, and manages office operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Operations Manager provides administrative support for senior staff, and manages office systems in administration, human resources, facilities management, information technology, and accounting. He or she will be responsible for day to day operations including but not limited to:
Office & Facilities Management
- Facilitating a warm, pleasant, professional office experience
- Taking primary responsibility for the overall upkeep of the office building and its systems, including cleanliness and maintenance. Ensuring a safe, clean, fully functioning, cost effective headquarters.
- Handling office administration including managing meeting space, meeting preparation, and the office calendar; maintaining and updating paper and electronic filing systems, and ensuring appropriate document storage; maintaining inventory, and tracking and stocking office, kitchen, and maintenance supplies
- Serving as first point of contact for incoming phone calls, general inbox emails, faxes, and visitors
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and contractors
- Preparing information and managing systems for the Executive Office
- Taking primary responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness of all telecommunications and technological systems and resolving problems when they occur
- Serving as point of contract for IT vendors, leading coordination and monitoring completion of day to day tasks through an online ticketing system
- Maintaining technology inventory
- Leading staff on research and adoption of all office automation tools
- Implementing fiscal management/general accounting functions as outlined in the financial procedures manual, and ensuring accurate and efficient completion of the accounts payable process
- Ensuring staff utilizes appropriate internal controls
- Taking primary responsibility for the organization’s accounts payable function
- Assisting with financial reporting as requested (i.e. creation of dashboards)
- Taking primary responsibility for processing payroll, maintaining up to date personnel files, organization-wide hiring and retention records, preparing intake documents and coordinating new staff screening and orientation processes, assisting with benefits administration
The successful candidate will maintain high standards of confidentiality, and display sound judgment, discretion and diplomacy. He or she is a resourceful, proactive, independent thinker and self-starter who demonstrates the following:
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and to the provision of excellent back office support
- Strong planning, organizational, problem solving, project management, and time management skills
- Flexibility, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks, and the use and troubleshooting of standard office equipment
- 2+ years of previous facility and operational management experiencing, including strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Attention to detail and superior written, oral, and interpersonal (communication) skills
The Fishing School offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees.
Minimum Education Required