College Completion Coach- Help students get to and THROUGH college!
- Job posted by College Track, Sacramento
What is College Track?
College Track (CT) is a national education nonprofit that empowers students from underserved communities to reach their dreams of a college degree. Our mission is to close the achievement gap and create college-going cultures for students who are historically and currently underrepresented in higher education.
We actively engage students over the course of 8 to 10 years, from the summer before high school through college graduation. Our students join College Track with limitless aspirations and we provide them with a comprehensive program and encouraging learning environment that empowers them to succeed. More than 90% of our students are admitted to a four-year university and 75% of our college students are currently enrolled in, or have graduated from, college. Over 85% of our students will be the first person in their family to earn a college degree.
Why join the College Track team?
- Impact Students – Everyday you will have the opportunity and the responsibility to push highly motivated students to build their set of academic and non-cognitive skills so they can not only attend college, but graduate from college.
- Change Communities – You will be part of the movement to close the achievement and opportunity gaps that exist in historically underserved communities, and you will witness successes, both small and large, each day.
- Experience the Education System – As the College Completion Coach, you will immerse yourself in work connected to our local education system, and you will begin identifying areas of the system where CT influence is needed.
- Develop Your Career – As the College Completion Coach, you will have opportunities to participate in professional development with others dedicated to improving our nation’s education system.
Who are we looking for?
College Track is searching for motivated, committed, and creative leaders who steadfastly believe that all students are born with the potential to graduate from college. These leaders must be devoted to working relentlessly to ensure that all College Track students develop the skills needed to succeed in high school and college. The College Completion Coach will be an individual who thrives on challenges and opportunities.
Position: College Completion Coach
The goal of the College Completion program is to provide information, support, and guidance in all aspects related to college admissions so students can go to the best college/university for them and graduate with minimal student loan debt. College Completion Coaches may coordinate, lead, and support workshops, field trips, and other programming focused on college exposure, college applications, and financial aid; provide one-on-one support to students completing college-related tasks and follow up as needed; support and monitor a caseload of students while working with other staff to ensure each of those students’ overall success; and other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position working 15-20 hours per week. College Track’s business hours are 10am-7:30pm Monday-Friday. Programming hours (when students are present) are 4pm – 7:30pm, Monday-Friday.
First and foremost, the College Completion Coach must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Must have 4-year college degree or be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program
- Able to commit to working 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of one full academic year) with availability that includes programming hours of 4pm-7pm Monday-Thursday with occasional Fridays and Saturdays
- Experience working with a diverse population of students in a relevant program area (e.g. tutoring or teaching, college advising, or youth development)
- Skilled at relationship building with students, and parents
- Goal-oriented and strong commitment to meeting goals; dedication to helping students achieve their goal of college completion
- Proficient in data analysis and visual tracking
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
- Ability to quickly build rapport with students and keep them motivated and productive
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
- Cleared background check and TB test before start date
- Ability to pass a driving clearance
- Work approximately 17-25 hours per week, primarily between 2:00PM-7:30PM Mondays-Thursdays
- Complete administrative tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining the center, monitoring technology, taking attendance, entering data, contacting parents, and working with families
- Teaching and supporting with College Completion classes
This position is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and begins at $15 per hour.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required. Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required