Director of Development - Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association

Job Type

Full Time

Published

11/08/2018

Address

54 Pitman Avenue
Neptune Township
New Jersey
07756
United States

Description

Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will collaborate internally and externally to lead the organization’s development committee to help ensure the implementation and achievement of current and future strategic goals and performance objectives. Approximately 80% of Ocean Grove’s $5M budget is generated through fees and service revenue streams; the remaining 20% is generated through fund raising and philanthropy. This represents an opportunity for greater emphasis by the new Director of Development that could lead to further opportunities to “dream big” and respond to opportunities for ministry as they present themselves. 


The Director of Development is responsible for all development activities including fundraising, donor recruitment / cultivation, development resource management, and public relations. The Director of Development manages capital campaigns, supports the work of the Development Committee, and maximizes the support of the various auxiliary organizations. Development is to be performed to sustain the ability of the OGCMA to provide opportunities for spiritual birth, growth, and renewal through worship, educational, cultural, and recreational programs for persons of all ages in a Christian seaside setting. The Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association (OGCMA) is a faith-based non-profit organization.



Fundraising and Donor Cultivation Responsibilities:

·  Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors. Create and

execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.

· Develop and/or expand a planned giving program with a specific focus on legacies and estate gifts.

· Implement a ministry-wide system for tracking cultivation and solicitation of major donor contacts

·  Creatively design and effectively execute the recognition of all donors appropriate to their giving level. Research

innovative ways to acknowledge significant benefactors, donors, and volunteers

· Conduct research and seek out opportunities for funding. Oversee the use of state of the art data analytics to

amplify the probability of successful solicitations

· Author grant requests and foundation/corporate/individual requests.

· Network with the Board of Trustees, Executive Director, Development Committee, and Staff.

· Coordinate fund raising special events.

·  Maintain a proven track record of Christian moral character and faith based living.



JOB SPECIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES


Education - Preferred Masters level degree in a related field and/or 5-7 years of successful experience in community organized fundraising.


Certifications - Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and Planned Giving certifications preferred


Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar nonprofit fundraising software.

Professional Level

None specified

Minimum Education Required

4-year degree

How To Apply

james.jackson@oceangrove.org
http://oceangrove.org

Cover Letter and Resume


Share:

Share: