Full Time Contract
Sea Change is launching a Youth-to-Youth summer program that will provide young people with the resources and support they need to have a direct impact on this year’s historic midterm elections.
Sea Change Leadership PAC is a resistance organization that’s working to take back power in the House of Representatives by flipping red Congressional seats in Southern California. Using a traditional grassroots organizing model, Sea Change is directly engaging with voters to educate them and encourage them to vote blue. The summer program will take a less traditional approach to millennial voter engagement, and participants will explore and develop new ways of getting out the youth vote.
The Youth Director will oversee the program, providing supervision, structure and support to a group of 30-40 young people.
· Oversee the development and execution of a program consistent with the Sea Change mission that engages young people in Los Angeles and the 25th Congressional district.
· Schedule speakers and oversee the development of engaging presentations that further the participants’ understanding of campaigns, organizing/outreach, and the election process.
· Recruit and supervise a staff of 3-4 assistants.
· Manage the program budget and maintain records needed for program administration.
· Be available to facilitate activities with youth participants, build relationships, and support.
· Oversee participant recruitment and outreach.
· Experience with youth programming in a community-based setting.
· Experience with campaign and/or organizing work.
· Experience supervising staff.
· A strong commitment to supporting youth.
· Access to a reliable car.
· Excellent communications skills.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume & cover letter to email@example.com