55 Broad Street
City Year New York is seeking a Senior Evaluation Manager to lead the critical work of measuring and analyzing the impact of our service model. The Senior Evaluation Manager is both data-savvy and people-focused as they are responsible for managing databases, evaluation reports as well as internal and external relationships with those collecting data, working in schools and conducting third party evaluations of City Year New York. In order to accomplish this complex work, the Evaluation Team includes two additional members, the Evaluation Coordinators, who report into and are supported and coached by the Senior Evaluation Manager. This dynamic role is a great opportunity for anyone with a background in statistics or program evaluation and is interested in leading a small team and supporting a large organization to measure and showcase the impact of the program across New York City.Job Description
- You are a planner and project manager – you are a forward thinker and tend to be a few steps ahead of everyone else in the planning process.
- You are an analytical thinker and clear communicator – you like breaking down complex questions, problems or ideas and making them understandable to a wide variety of audiences.
- You are a strong people and relationship manager – you enjoy working with others to solve problems and you are excited about investing in the people that you are working with and managing.
- You are an Excel guru – you can use the program to analyze and manipulate large data sets to find trends and measure progress against goals.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Enhance and Implement Effective Data Collection, Management, and Analysis Process
- Manage and tweak year-long plan to ensure program data is collected and analyzed effectively
- Ensure process includes key touch points for progress monitoring against goals for local and national needs
- Build Tools and Systems to Ensure Implementation of Data Collection, Management and Analysis Process
- Create and facilitate trainings and workshops for staff and AmeriCorps members on process to ensure integrity and skill development
- Provide technical support to staff and AmeriCorps members as needed throughout the year
- Monitor effectiveness of process over the course of the year and make adjustments as needed
- Create Analyses and Reports of Collected Data for Internal and External Use
- Produce clear reports to illustrate progress against goals and trends for school-based teams, funders, board members and other internal and external audiences
- Utilize reports to make internal recommendations about service delivery based on trends and outliers
- Lead and Manage Direct Reports, Internal and External Relationships
- Coach, manage, and support two direct reports to meet their goals and support their professional development
- Work with school and office based staff to understand their data needs and support their work
- Liaise with third party evaluators to carry out short-term and long-term projects
- Connect with City Year Headquarters staff to share best practices, challenges, trends, etc.
- Patriciate in All Staff Events and Projects
- Become an active member of the staff team by attending and contributing to all staff events and projects like MLK Day of Service, AmeriCorps Member training and development and AmeriCorps Member hiring
What You’ve Already Done:
- Completed your Bachelor’s Degree
- Mastered the art of using Excel for data analysis
- Worked with Salesforce
- Experienced working in or with schools, districts or education-based non-profits in order to understand student and school wide data
Bonus If You Have:
- Completed your Master’s Degree
- Served as an AmeriCorps or Peace Corps member
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.