20 Academy Road
Congregation Agudath Israel (CAI), a warm, active and inviting synagogue with over 900 member households is currently seeking a full-time Communications and Marketing Manager who will advance and implement a communication and marketing strategy that reflects CAI’s welcoming community, worship opportunities, programming and educational offerings.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will partner with staff and congregants to execute communication strategies through print and electronic media.
Communications and Marketing:
• Evaluate current communication procedures and materials; develop and implement new strategies as needed.
• Manage, develop and update community outreach, advertising and all communication efforts, including public relations through local, regional and online publications.
• Evaluate opportunities to increase CAI’s social media presence and utilization using standard platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Coordinate, edit and design forty-plus page monthly publication.
• Work with professional staff across all departments and committee chairs for complete and effective publicity of programs and events to include consistent branding, survey management and the creation of marketing collateral (flyers, posters, etc.) to support the promotion of events via social media and other mediums.
• Design, update and upload slides for broadcast monitors in synagogue lobbies.
Systems Support and Maintenance:
• Manage CAI’s website and cloud-based synagogue software, from testing of new features to launching new functionality and validating usability for members, which will include coordinating with internal stakeholders around the configuration of online forms, email campaigns, school, camp and event registrations, accounting as well as technical issues.
• Interface with 3rd party providers to assist with the troubleshooting of potential issues related to web-hosting and email marketing.
• Implement targeted email lists through Constant Contact. Maintain and manage all email lists for schools and synagogue.
• Oversee and produce weekly online newsletters for ECC, Religious School, and synagogue.
• Excellent writing, editing, verbal and graphic design skills.
• Knowledge of and competency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Strong command of website maintenance, form creation (Case Logic), Microsoft Office tools, Constant Contact and databases; experience with ShulCloud a plus.
• Experience designing the aesthetics of websites and print media.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, patience, poise and a sense of humor.
• Ability to analyze, manage and prioritize the numerous tasks and needs of congregants and staff and manage expectations accordingly.
• Solid time-management skills to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
• Possess solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with a “no job too small” attitude and strong attention to detail.
• Reliable, punctual and professional at all times.
• Discreet and diplomatic team player, with excellent customer service and an ability to work with different personalities as well as with input from multiple sources.
• Self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable and eager to investigate and utilize new methods and technology.
• Take initiative and work independently, but also accept direction and seek guidance appropriately and are able to collaborate.
• Familiarity with Jewish holidays and customs and synagogue life a plus.
Paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and short-term disability.
Minimum Education Required