120 Stony Point Road
ABOUT 10,000 DEGREES:
One of California’s leading college success nonprofits, 10,000 Degrees helps students from low-income backgrounds get to and through college. Thanks to comprehensive personal support, financial aid management, and academic counseling, more than 80% of 10,000 Degrees students earn Bachelor’s degrees, compared to 31% of their peers nationally. For those who start at community college, 10,000 Degrees students transfer to and graduate from four-year colleges at three times the rate of their peers. Because we believe all students can succeed, unlike most other college success organizations, there is no GPA requirement for students applying to 10,000 Degrees programs.
We are looking for smart, creative, strategic thinkers with a track record of meeting goals, hitting deadlines, and getting results to promote our social justice mission and scale impact to help even more students from low-income backgrounds earn college degrees.
The focus of the Regional Manager, Sonoma County is to continue to grow 10,000 Degrees resource base including strategic partnerships, resource development, and related advocacy efforts in Sonoma County as they align with broader short- and long-term goals. In collaboration with and in support of 10,000 Degrees External Affairs, Development, and Program teams as well as the Sonoma Advisory Board, the Regional Manager will help develop and support local and organization-wide initiatives in Sonoma County and beyond. A primary focus will be cultivating government and institutional relationships.
This position is located in Santa Rosa, California with additional time spent at 10,000 Degrees headquarters located in San Rafael.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align regional strategies and opportunities with broader organizational goals and related initiatives
- Identify, develop, and cultivate local and regional civic, government and industry partnerships to support funding, program, and advocacy goals
- Represent 10,000 Degrees at regional advocacy, community, development and other events
- Identify and cultivate community and individual relationships to advance local, regional, and organization-wide fund development opportunities
- Manage a regional portfolio of donors and prospective donors through all aspects of moves management and fundraising best practices
- Manage a regional portfolio of institutional funders through all aspects of moves management and fundraising best practices
- Proactively support the Sonoma County Advisory Board
- Help inform short- and long-term goal-setting in Sonoma County and organization-wide through community insights and collaborative relationships
- Identify new potential revenue streams at the local and regional level.
The successful candidate will be a strong, creative leader who is committed to supporting more educational opportunities for all students and displays an eagerness to develop nonprofit management skills. S/he will also have the skills necessary to cultivate and engage top donors and strategic partners in a way that is aligned with 10,000 Degrees overall mission, values, and goals. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and impeccable judgment are required.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- BA/BS required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Fundraising experience
- Active community connector
- An unrelenting commitment to social justice
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations
- Excellent presentation skills including oral and written communication
- Ability to think strategically with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-starter who can multitask in a fluid work environment
- Must coordinate and collaborate closely with internal team members
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
10,000 Degrees offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), 15-day vacation plan, 10 paid holidays, and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required