SUMMARY: Since 1983, Hospitality Homes (www.hosp.org) has provided free short-term housing in volunteer host homes for families traveling to Boston for medical care. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the guest/host application-booking process, data management, and reporting. The Program Coordinator also provides support for development, communications, and outreach as needed. This is a rewarding direct-service opportunity that requires a person with superb interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
The Program Coordinator reports to the VP of Operations, and is a full-time, salaried position with excellent benefits. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional night and weekend hours are required for evening meetings, weekend events, and after-hour emergency support. The office is located near St. Mary’s Street in Brookline, MA.
Guest Program Coordination:
· Provide quality client service to prospective guest families traveling to Boston
· Provide information about the Hospitality Homes program by fielding inquiries and responding appropriately
· Process guest applications and perform reference checks via phone
· Match guests with appropriate host families
· If necessary, make referrals to other housing options
· Ensure clarity and consistency in communication and enforcement of policies
· Supervise occasional support staff and/or interns
Host Volunteer Coordination:
· Coordinate placement of families in 100+ volunteered, hosted homes in Boston area
· Attend home visits with VP of Operations to prospective volunteer host homes and present on Hospitality Homes program, protocols and requirements
· Maintain ongoing contact with volunteer hosts regarding availability
· Check in with volunteer hosts at the beginning and throughout a placement and resolve any issues that may arise in a timely and professional manner
· Provide emergency support to hosts as needed (rare)
· Collaborate with the VP of Operations and VP of Development and Communications to explore new tools for host recruitment, building community and support for volunteer hosts
· Oversee collection, entry, reporting, and analysis of data on program statistics
· Update guest information in the database as needed
· Update host contact information based on hosting status for tailored communications
· Serve as point person for program database training and troubleshooting
· Maintain written policies and procedures for the application and placement process.
Experience and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent work experience
· Comfortable working with families experiencing emotional and financial stress
· Excellent interpersonal and listening skills; expert at customer relations
· Superb people skills, organizational ability, and communication skills
· Proven ability to work independently on multiple tasks and juggle multiple deadlines with frequent interruptions
· Team player who can work effectively in a small office environment
· Experience in program management, health care, social services, volunteer management, and/or non-profit preferred
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (or other database), and Gmail.
· The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humor, be flexible, have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic for when things need to get done and a passion for mission-based work in the Boston area that serves a diverse population coming to the area from throughout the US and the globe at a time of great need when seeking specialized medical care.
Excellent benefits, including paid time off and 401K with employer matching.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, additional skills in Spanish and/or Portuguese also helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Required