The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, and through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provide business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for the LIMS Product Support and Integration Specialist role. The Laboratory Information system (LIMS) Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert supporting new and current platforms at the DOHMH Public Health Laboratory (PHL). The role requires expert technical skills for implementation, integration and ongoing support and enhancements to the laboratory information systems.
· Provide technical support as part of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) team
· Participate and implement new system or enhancements, as well as maintain existing features within the LIMS applications
· Communicate with users regarding application requirements, enhancements and troubleshooting issues
· Manage the release build process, including new application enhancements, post-production issues and bug resolution and determine the features to be included in each build
· Support and maintain the multiple application environments (development, quality assurance, staging and production) required for software fixes and new features to be developed, tested, and approved for use in the production system
· Investigate system issues, identify, and escalate issues for resolution within team, the vendor and/or internal IT resources
· Coordinate user training for new applications, enhancements, and other features
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to application and ancillary systems (including database, application specific web services and integration points with external systems)
· Configure application features using configuration tools
· Provide scripting support to resolve existing issues and implement new features
· Expert knowledge of Cerner laboratory information system (Cerner PathNet) and laboratory instrument interfaces
· Experience integrating laboratory information systems with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems
· Must have expert level of technical knowledge of HL7, web services development, XML, Java Script, MS SQL databases, SSIS packages, and reporting tools to build reports and healthcare interfaces with external systems used by the PHL
· Performance testing utilizing HP LoadRunner
· Experience working with City of New York agencies is a plus but not mandatory
· Public health experience is a plus but not mandatory
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…