Full Time Temporary
Details: $13.00 - 35.00/hr (based on experience and program)10-35 hrs/wk M-F
ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation (CPF) is the only independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to offer programs in public parks throughout the five boroughs of New York City. We are dedicated to invigorating and transforming parks into dynamic, vibrant centers of urban life through sports, arts, community development, and education programs for all New Yorkers. Our programs and community building initiatives -- located in more than 350 parks, recreation centers, and public schools across New York City -- reach 425,000 people each year. Our ethos is simple: we believe thriving parks mean thriving communities.
- We present the largest free, outdoor performing arts festival in NYC through SummerStage, presenting artists of the highest quality across multiple disciplines and genres, and marionette puppet theater in all five boroughs with our Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre and the roving PuppetMobile.
- Partnerships for Parks, a public-private program of City Parks Foundation and NYC Parks, supports and champions a growing network of leaders who care and advocate for the transformation of their neighborhood parks.
- We connect youngsters to nature in the urban environment with education programs that provide learning experiences through classroom and hands-on activities in parks, urban forests, coastal areas, gardens, and recreation centers.
- Free golf, tennis, track & field, soccer, and fitness programs bring high-quality instruction and equipment into areas where few organized athletic opportunities exist. We offer leveled training, year-round scholarship coaching, and special pro events.
CPF’s free beginner sports programs reach over 12,000 children at over 60 citywide parks, providing fun, accessible opportunities for kids to stay active all summer. We are seeking full and part-time sports instructors for the following youth programs for Summer 2018:
- CityParks Tennis - provides free beginner tennis lessons to over 6,000 kids in 40 parks throughout all five boroughs of NYC. (Time commitment: 28 hrs/wk)
- CityParks Golf - offers free beginner lessons to 3,500 participants at 12 parks and golf facilities citywide. (Time commitment: 14-28 hrs/wk)
- CityParks Track & Field - provides free instruction for kids ages 5 -17 at 14 parks. The program concludes with a track meet at Icahn Stadium. (Time commitment: 16 hrs/wk)
- Get Up and Go Youth Fitness - a free fitness program that provides fun, multi-sport activities for young children at 10 citywide parks. (Time commitment: 10 - 16 hrs/wk )
- CityParks Soccer - a joint program with NYC Football Club that offers instruction and fun “pick-up” style games at 12 citywide parks. (Time commitment: 10 hrs/wk)
- Organize groups of children in an orderly and safe manner
- Plan, demonstrate and teach daily lesson plans
- Monitor distribution, storage and periodic transport of sports equipment
- Monitor weekly attendance and maintain accurate records of class participants
- Answer questions from parents and promote whenever possible to the community
- Aptitude and knowledge of rules and etiquette of the sport (PE teachers or experienced players/coaches preferred)
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, both internal and external to CPF
- Exceptional communication skills and work-ethic
- Prior group-teaching experience preferred, preferably with children
- Applicants may be subject to a background check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. (Include the program area of interest in the title of your email).
Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.