1025 Vermont Ave. NW
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance seeks a part-time (minimum 20 hours/week, up to 32 hours/week), paid intern to assist our growing organization in fulfilling its mission. The Corporate & Foundation Giving Intern will work with the Corporate & Foundation Giving Team assisting with prospect research, cause marketing and other tasks in an effort to enhance overall fundraising efforts.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
- Proactively researches corporations and foundations, and provides updates to the Corporate & Foundation Giving Team on partnership leads.
- Maintains and updates pharmaceutical pipeline database, and presents monthly updates to the Corporate & Foundation Giving Team.
- Coordinates cause marketing partnership screening.
- Performs basic data entry and ongoing database maintenance in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
- Provides support to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Giving managing calendars, tracking expenses and preparing meeting agendas.
- Manages the partner thank you note process for the Director of Corporate & Foundation Giving.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- This position is available as a late-summer internship with a strong preference for someone who can continue through the following academic year.
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred.
- Interest and experience in nonprofit development desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of Salesforce database platform strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise professional judgment and discretion.
- Team-oriented, flexible, positive, personable, and eager to learn.
Part-time: Must be available for a minimum of 20 hours/week.
Ideal Start Date
Manager of Corporate & Foundation Giving
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to Alison Lazar, Manager of Corporate Foundation Giving, at email@example.com.
Please include subject line “Corporate & Foundation Giving Intern”. Applications without the required items will not be considered.